Main Menu

Whats everyone reading?

Started by Paul faplad Finch, 30 March, 2009, 10:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. R. Logan

This morning I am mostly reading my EASP, sure a couple of boarders will know what it is as I'm about to run the first exercise that I've planned, organised and will be running 8-?

Richmond Clements

Quote from: "Tiplodocus"Just finished THE ROAD by Cormac Mcarthy.

Bloody hell it's good.

I'm looking forward to the film.

It bloody is good.
The movie doesn't have Big Willie though, but Aarogorn.  http://the-road--trailer.blogspot.com/

Colin YNWA

Quote from: "Roger Godpleton"Jeff Smith's Shazam, enormous fun.

Jeff Smith's Shazam is absolutely glorious. As it goes I'm also enjoying RASL by him as and when it comes out

klute

Atm im reading a few things rhe michael moorcock corum series as one of the above poster's mentioned i also read the books in my teens and whilst digging out the 1st and 2nd series of cyberforce and codename strykeforce comics by image to read i came across michael moorcock..

Im all so reading a book called easy riders,raging bulls by peter biskind which is a tell all book about the film industry in the late 60's 70's and 80's and thus far seems good.
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

Daveycandlish

Almost finished John Fishers Tony Hancock biography (only taken me 3 months! It's a big heavy book to be reading five pages a night before you nod off!) and have just picked up Let The Right One In because I enjoyed the film so much earlier this year.
Comics wise I have just bought the latest Dan Dare reprint The Phantom Fleet. So that should be good.
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Judge Man

The last manga/comics that I have read is Manga Messiah.

Kerrin

The latest Joe Abercrombie book "Best Served Cold" turned up today. Excellent.

His "First Book of the Law" trilogy was class. The wonderful 'Inquisitor Glotka' is one of my favourite characters to appear in any medium for ages. A delightfully twisted specimen. I'd recommend them without hesitation.

strontium_dog_90

I've just finished "DC Universe: Last Sons" by Alan Grant, featuring Lobo, Martian Manhunter and Superman. It's a really fun ride; I was expecting only the parts with the Main Man to be interesting, but the whole book was gripping and very readable, a superhero-ish tale with a science fiction edge.

I've always maintained that Lobo comics, when written by Grant, are some of the most entertaining comics around, and this book is no different for being in prose. It's actually achieved the impossible: made me interested in reading some more stories about the Manhunter character. If you get a chance to read the book, take it - it's fab.

zombemybabynow

This Thursday the 1st I'll be reading, mignola's witch finder, chew one and two by image captain America reborn, boys 32 and checking out Coleby's art on the authority 12
Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

TheEdge

Afterblight : OPERATION MOTHERLAND

LEE Keegan [spoiler:1fdyeu3m]gets blown to shit again. I'm also extremely upset at the demise of ROWLES, but at least he got to go with a bang[/spoiler:1fdyeu3m]

Have any of you read the afterblight chronicles,
If not, WHY THE HELL NOT. ITS PRACTICALLY ESSENTIAL READING MATERIAL IN THE MIDDLE OF A SWINE FLU EPIDEMIC
"Save Trees, Eat Beavers"
"Animal Rights: Animals have the right to be tasty"

DavidXBrunt

Y - The Last Man. I'd bought, and quite liked, the first 8 books but never got around to the last two. I've rectified that and am reading it at 2 episodes a night. 20 down, 40 to go.

Jack of Fables - Huge fan of Fables but I dropped Jackoffables after 5 intending to just buy the trades. Ended up buying the first 5 books in one go and catching up. I think I may have enjoyed it more in single issues actually. I'm a bit disappointed by how far behind we are on collections, Image do the sensible thing with Walking Dead of churning them out so you can keep bang up to date. Jackoffables however is nearly 12 months behind.

War and Peace, a chapter or two each day on the bus to and from work. I'm working through a selection of Rusky buks at the moment and taking the chance to read this again.

zombemybabynow

just bought the trades of The Boys volumes 1-4
Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

Roger Godpleton

Started reading Balzac and wondered why I never started sooner.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

The Monarch

jackoffables (god I love eliza wall for that line) is a great laugh

I still love the main fables book though its took a really cool turn after the end of the war

Dandontdare

Quote from: "zombemybabynow"just bought the trades of The Boys volumes 1-4
say what? I've had vol 4 on pre-order with Amazon for what seems like forever (added vol 5 recently too) Must pop over and check what the latest estimated delivery is.