Main Menu

An Epiphany

Started by beta, 22 May, 2003, 03:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beta

...I'm not saying get rid of dredd completely, but at least turn a corner...and dont give me crap about another world changing epic being on its way, Dredd will walk out of it the same way he walked through the desert on Hestia, the same way he walked out of Sabats cave, the same way he has walked out of the cursed earth one many an occasion.

A man who has lived his entire life behind a mask, a man who has fought wars, laid his life on the line everyday to make the world a safer place, all in the knowledge that the people he is protecting would celebrate his death. That has to eat at him...remember, dredd has been diagnosed as mentally unstable...can this guy continue on the same path, seeing the corruption around him, the betrayal of a sacred trust, knowing of the his own genetic predisposition to weakness...So, an epiphany.

Take of the helmet, and breakdown...a loss of faith, and not just another problem to walk through.

Devons Daddy

Take of the helmet, and breakdown...a loss of faith, and not just another problem to walk through

i would say this may be the bigger picture we are seeing slowly in recent years.
moments of doubt. glances at perps. even an apologie during sin city.
i think this is bubbling under and will be told some day. plenty of evidence pionts to this if you look back over the years.now and then. little things.
agree with you though. it could be time for a life changing decsion for dredd rather then world changing he walks through.
lets see if the future holds such a thing.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Oddboy

Dredd ain't gonna die or quit.

Would it happen in 2000AD or the Judge Dredd Megazine if it did?
Don't be daft, Dredd will survive or else the Judge Dredd Megazine would be forced to finish, and 2000AD sales would plummet.

Commercial ***king suicide.

Better set your phaser to stun.

Devons Daddy

of course he is not goig to die.
but i would think we are about due for his question of faith.
so many plot lines could be tied in old tales, brought to the fore.
he is getting on and he needs to be credibly (if there is such thing in a sci fi future tale such as dredd)be made able to carry on.

part to the very essense of what makes dredd wonderful is the fact give or take a few hiccups he lives in a real time world.

its a decent a thought and worth discussing on a regular basis.
also with so many new baorders in recent months who have not had the chance to enjoy  being part of of our other disscusions on this. so no harm on revisting this subject.

i dont think they should kill dredd. but i wonder if wagner at least feels as some of us do. dredd is getting on. how does this effect him.

could be a superb epic tale of the standard of The Pit.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Noisybast

OK. Can Ezquerra draw it? He can make up for the scribbly cut n' paste job he did on ABC Warriors...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Matt

> but i would think we are about due for his question of faith

Wouldn't that have already happened in Tale of the Dead Man? Lets face it, Dredds already questioned his faith in the system. He took the Long Walk remember. Surely it'd be going over old ground to examine this storyline again.