Main Menu

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

Started by spireite68, 24 September, 2011, 09:54:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spireite68

Went to see this yesterday. Fantastic movie. Gary Oldman will deservedly get an Oscar nomination for this. Very slow paced film but so is the book. Some great performances. I recommend it, but don't take the Mrs as you will prob have to explain the whole movie to her at the end like I did he he.
You creeps must think I sailed through space on a synthi-biscuit!

Daveycandlish

Yeah I enjoyed it but She Who Must Be Obeyed turned to me at the end and asked "So what was that about then?"  ::)
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

paddykafka

Have to admit, I actually nodded off a couple of times during this flick. I can see that it's well made and all with some very good performances, but God, it just really seemed to drag along at stages. I've no problem with slow-paced movies in general, but this one just didn't float my boat at all. Certainly a contender for most over-rated movie this year.