Doing something Zarjaz...

Started by +rufus+, 14 April, 2009, 07:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

+rufus+

Give Blood!
They need your blood... stocks are low.. go give blood! http://www.blood.co.uk/

Thanks Thrill seekers! :-) R

Tiplodocus

Normally do but I'm on medication at the moment.

But RUFUS speaks wise words.  Go give blood.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Kerrin

Good shout Rufus. If you've never given blood before, don't worry, it's absolutely painless and you get a wonderful feeling of pious superiority and biscuits afterwards. Result.

Daveycandlish

I do it just for the Bourbon biccies afterwards. Yum!
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Zarjazzer

and you normally get nice biccies and lemonade or tea or a packet of crisps free. can't do it at the moment as on anti biotics -can't booze either.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Mangamax

Would do it - if they hadn't just opened me up and shoved me guts back in.
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

vzzbux

Used to give blood all the time when I was in the army, been meaning to start up again, just getting round to it.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Adrian Bamforth

Good call Rufus, I always forget  (though I have given a kidney) - I don't understand why they don't, as far as I can see, have sone kind of system where you put in your email address and/or mobile number so they give you an email or text on the day to remind you where it's happening: Surely that wouldn't be much more than a couple of days work for a programmer and must surely double the intake.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: "Kerrin"Good shout Rufus. If you've never given blood before, don't worry, it's absolutely painless and you get a wonderful feeling of pious superiority and biscuits afterwards. Result.

It's also a fantastically cheap way to get pissed, since alcohol will have roughly double the effect it would normally have if you go for a pint within a few hours of doing the noble deed.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Bolt-01

Jim, I learned that the hard way. First time I ever gave when I was 18 was just before a Monday night at the Ritz in Manchester '88. I think I had barely a third of what I would have and I was away for the night.

Give blood folks- It really is a fantastic thing to do for your fellow cits.

Twice a year is my average, and I know I could do better.

eggonlegs

Roger Godpleton

On what grounds can they refuse to accept your donation?
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Tiplodocus

Aaah - the Ritz and it's brilliant bouncing dance floor and finishing the evening with the Dambusters theme.

Do you know what, Bolt, there's a jolly good chance that I was in the Ritz at the same time as you.

But back on topic - give blood folks.

Tiplodocus

There's lots of reasons Godders.

I wasn't allowed to give for several years because I'd spent a lot of time in Malarial areas (not the Ritz).

Or if you are anaemic.  Or an intravenous drug user or practicing homosexual (or even if you are a homosexual who is brilliant at it) or if you've recently had a tattoo or had sex with a prostitute or visited various bits of Africa and had sex with someone.

But it is a brilliantly easy way to do something good for your fellow man.

And is painless and simple.

And the biscuits.

I don't feel we've menioned the biscuits enough.

JayzusB.Christ

As far as I remember, these were some of the factors that would prevent you:
Having gay sex within the past year (male only, I suppose).
Having sex in a country with a high risk of catching HIV.
Having sex with a prostitute at any point of your life.
Taking certain types of medication (my dad, for example, takes some pills to help his circulation, and as such had to stop giving blood.)
Getting a piercing within the last year.

The last time I gave blood, there was only one disqualifying factor, and I'm afraid I ignored it. It was only the piercing one, mind you.
And they used to give you a bottle of Guinness along with your biscuits. Now that was an incentive.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"