Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Didn't George Washington force his slaves to toil in his massive dope plantations all the live-long day?

WARNING: CONTAINS MILLA JOVOVICH

Gonk

This is my point it will turn the clock back circa 235 years... as soon as you legalise weed, the next person starts shouting for his human righs too..."The govt. have legalised pot! What about us other so-called criminals? Now legalise crack for me!"

As I've said... once you go down that route you'll have every pervo in the country clammering for equal rights.... "What do you mean I'm not allowed to shag my sister?" We'd be better off going back to living in caves.

Look at "sir" Jimmy Saville for crissakes.

Sorry to bore you folks with crap facts on a friday night, when you're probably all too stoned to focus your eyes on these words...let alone reply articulately to them. Mmmnnnnmm.

coming at a cinema near you soon

Spikes

I think its time you went up the wooden hill, Mr Fonky.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: fonky on 20 October, 2012, 11:38:42 PM

This is my point it will turn the clock back circa 235 years... as soon as you legalise weed, the next person starts shouting for his human righs too..."The govt. have legalised pot! What about us other so-called criminals? Now legalise crack for me!"

As I've said... once you go down that route you'll have every pervo in the country clammering for equal rights.... "What do you mean I'm not allowed to shag my sister?" We'd be better off going back to living in caves.

Look at "sir" Jimmy Saville for crissakes.

Sorry to bore you folks with crap facts on a friday night, when you're probably all too stoned to focus your eyes on these words...let alone reply articulately to them. Mmmnnnnmm.

Worse drugs like alcohol and nicotene being legal didn't lead to the legalisation of paedophilia either. Just because a specific drug becomes legalised doesn't mean we collectively must decide to give up all morals. There are plenty of legal drugs that are far worse. Maybe you prefer that the unregulated black-market and criminals line their pockets selling it instead? Maybe legal and regulated production of marijuana could fund research into better health care?

As for pervs clamouring for their rights - a completely separate issue - there are groups that've been doing for the past 40 years in case you haven't noticed. We still, gladly, pay no attention to them. Just because someone asks for something doesn't mean you have to give it to them.

M.I.K.

Quote from: fonky on 20 October, 2012, 11:38:42 PM

Saturday night.

TordelBack

The argument that legalising one thing that many people deem to be acceptable will automatically lead to legalising something that everyone finds unacceptable is exactly the same nonsense that has been used to oppose gay rights, racial equality, universal franchise, secular schooling and comics fercripesakes.  It's one of the most pernicious and damaging lines of 'reasoning' loose in the world today. 

Evaluate the merits of a case on the evidence of that case as presented, not your warped perceptions of some unrelated case.

Or as some beautiful ladies in swumsuits would have it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXPcBI4CJc8

Gonk

...Pot smoker one day, crack head the next...

I know this to be the case after watching "Reefer Madness" on channel 4 years ago.

Joe's right...I'm always asking for a pay rise but never get given any. It's enough to drive a guy to drink.

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: fonky on 21 October, 2012, 10:31:44 AM
It's enough to drive a guy to drink.

Watch out, you start drinking who knows WHERE it might lead!

A man I once read about drank a bottle of beer and ended up HUNG DRAWN AND QUARTERED. And then his remains were eaten by SHABBY DOGS.

IT COULD HAPPEN TO OUR ENTIRE CULTURE. This isn't hyperbole! THIS ISN'T MANIC CONJECTURE! This isn't entirely pointless presumption! THESE ARE THE FACTS.

Professor Bear

I'm curious about the claim that MJ is a gateway drug: is there any science to back this up?

TordelBack

Quote from: Professah Byah on 21 October, 2012, 05:46:06 PM
I'm curious about the claim that MJ is a gateway drug: is there any science to back this up?

I certainly found it to be a gateway to Supermacs.  That was some heavy shit.  Maybe not even 'heavy'.

Gonk

You need to chill out mate. Have a smoke on a joiint to calm yourself down! This level of hysteria could encourage a witch hunt against alcoholics. Some misguided idiot could come on this forum and read your last post, then walking through the park on his way home beat up the nearest tramp he sees lying on the park bench drinking a bottle of meths, because he felt it a threat to his country's morals and code of conduct...BECAUSE OF YOUR LAST POST!

And I'm not exaggerating here....I personally know someone who had a forum with some lesbian transvestites after seeing a clip on YouTube from a swingers club. You see! Too much self indulgence invariably leads onto rampant moral degeneracy. If he'd restricted himself to just a spit roasting, he could still be here to tell you in his own words how awful life is to oversexed drug addicts.

Spikes

And on E-bay, the best bargain went to E-bay itself.

Gonk

Golly! That's unfair isn't it. I don't think I'll use ebay ever again because of that.

I bet David Cameron and Ed Milliband will be very angry when they find out about this.

COMMANDO FORCES

Nice to see Alex Salmond is just like all the rest.
His party has change its mind about NATO, hypocrites indeed! 'But we had a debate and decided to change what we have believed in for the last 30 years!' I suppose they saw how the Liberals went when they got a bit of power and realised the best way to advance is to throw out your principles!

Frank

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 23 October, 2012, 06:48:26 PM
Nice to see Alex Salmond is just like all the rest. His party has change its mind about NATO, hypocrites indeed! 'But we had a debate and decided to change what we have believed in for the last 30 years!' I suppose they saw how the Liberals went when they got a bit of power and realised the best way to advance is to throw out your principles!

Bring forth MacNeil, of the clan MacNeil.

On the offchance that Colin's busy; I'm not an SNP supporter, but you've got to admit that Wee Eck dances rings around every other politician (and political correspondent) in the country. Considering the mediocrity of those ranged against him, I wouldn't bet against him getting his way in the referendum. I'm sure this is an important part of his positioning going into next year's vote, and getting the nukes out of Faslane without completely alienating London or Washington seems like a win/win scenario to me.

I'd be more interested in hearing him explain exactly what difference independence will make if (as he currently insists) we'll be keeping sterling as our currency, and have our interest rates set by the Bank of England.