Main Menu

Astro City: Tha Dark Age

Started by Trout, 14 April, 2005, 12:20:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout

It's coming.

We've waited years for the revelations surrounding the Silver Agent and to find out what prompted the inscription on his statue: "To Our Eternal Shame".

Now, my list of comics-to-come includes the following:

APR050389       ASTRO CITY THE DARK AGE #1 (Of 16) (Res)        ?1.80   DC WILDSTORM

Oooooooh!

I know Busiek and co. have been lax on their schedules lately - well, always - but let's hope this is accurate. I'm well up for this one. It can't come soon enough.

If you've never read Astro City, I urge you to have a look, right now!

It's relatively cheap to get into. There are only five GNs out there and any one of them is a fine introduction to the world of AC.

Alternatively, you could just pick up the first issue of the Dark Age and see how you like it. It's the sort of thing that's so easily enjoyed.

Anyone want to support their mighty fish's suggestion that Astro City is one of the best comics around?

- Trout

Dan Kelly

> Anyone want to support their mighty fish's suggestion that Astro City is one of the best comics around?

Certainly my liege!

Damn fine series.  And really looking forward to finding out the Silver Agent's secret...

As for schedules they kept it tight for Local Heroes..

Do we know which week its out??

Dan

Tweak72

yes, yes, oh YESSSSSSS!
i have to say im a recent convert to Astro City so i havent had to wait so long but the silver agent thing has been bugging me for a while marcarthy witch hunts perhaps?
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Trout

Dank: shipping June/July. That's all I know.

Tweak: I understand he's 70s era, so that would be too late for McCarthy.

- Trout

ukdane

Huge fan of AC since issue 1.

Looking firward to this one.

After a series of problems with artists, ad illnesses, it was decided than instead of being a monthly book, they would put it out as and when the issues were ready, and to put them out in a miniseries format. As a result, I think it has remained a top notch comic.
Cheers

-Daney

Trout

Dane: Does that still apply for a 16-issue series, though?

I'm not being dark and gloomy about it, but I do suspect the art isn't ready for every issue.

Bollocks. I'll buy it anyway...

Tweak72

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
was he? i got the impression he was fiftys (in the story with the sharkie type men the newspaper editor gave the impression it was not too many years after that but hey i could have been reading that in to it)
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

ukdane

Well, they've been putting the maxi series together for at least a year IIRC probably longer. How much artwork is currently finished, I have no idea.
Cheers

-Daney

Trout

Actually, Tweak, you may be right.

I'll have to take another look.