Main Menu

Bryan Talbots Grandville

Started by Dan Kelly, 09 November, 2009, 12:45:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Kelly

PIcked this up at the weekend and apart from a few comments like this I'm suprised to not see more of this here,

Very nice steampunk meets rupert the bear via tintin and luther arkwright.

Most enjoyable!

COMMANDO FORCES

I just saw this on the shelves in Waterstones but due to time constraints didn't have a look at it. Shall do next time I'm down the town.

Proudhuff

I fancy it, bit pricey but no doubt worth it. Last visit to the ye olde comic shoppe emptied my pockets maybe next time?
DDT did a job on me

Kerrin

They've got them on Amazon for £11. I'm sure there was a load more about this on another thread somewhere. Anyway, Amazon link...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Grandville-Bryan-Talbot/dp/0224084887/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1257784251&sr=8-1

Emperor

I might put this on my letter to Santa, but I might get too excited and buy it before then. Is there going to be a paperback version?
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

TordelBack

Ah, if only the Megazine would cover comics like this in its feature pages... Oh, wait!

Yeah, it really does look nice in the flesh, a handsome production.  The me from Parallel 137, the one who can afford to pay himself this month, snapped it up, and then lent it to Vertex.  The me in this Parallel is biding his time, and thinking about bitorrenting that LaZyBones: Robert McDowell sings the songs of Hoagy Carmicheal album instead.

Alski

Stop faffing about, you chaps, and go and buy it.

Definitely the best book I've read this year. Beautifully illustrated with a great plot and characterization. hats off to Talbot - this is fabbo.
"Cool Stuff You Will Like"

Music, Comics, Books, Video Games, TV and Film reviews/articles.

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/

Tweak72

Mrs Tweak in a moment of mad generosity asked me the other day if I wanted anything and I said
"Grandville, please."
(I had denied my self at Christmas as there where other important things to get. Then every time I went to a comic shop they had sold out. Still better late)
Got it today and...

Amazing! Just amazing! thought it is quite a slim book the pacing makes it a dream to read. and the "Easter eggs" on every page warrant so much research from half remembered child hood things and historic and contemporary parts of our own world.

Exactly what you want from a comic.
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Proudhuff

I'm sure when I first picked this up it was B&W but when I looked at it last week it was coloured ( and not very well, did I imagine the B7W version? Worried of Edinbra.
DDT did a job on me

Richmond Clements

See how good I am at not mentioning the page of art from this in the H**x a******n?

Proudhuff

yes yes but is it B&W or colour?
DDT did a job on me

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night