Main Menu

should the movie threads be locked til we get some concrete new info?

Started by mogzilla, 01 June, 2011, 10:47:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

should the threads be locked til we get some info?

oh god,yes!
8 (21.6%)
nooo!
27 (73%)
undecided
2 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Spaceghost

No. Don't see the point of that at all. If people don't like the comments in there, they can just stay out of the movie threads. Locking them is a step too far.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

James Stacey

A more pertinent question is "Isn't it about time they threw us a fucking bone?" :D

Dunk!

I've decided to go see it!

Oh wait, that's not what you're asking.
"Trust we"

IAMTHESYSTEM

No.

I wouldn't expect anything from the film makers after the curfuffle over the poorly framed mobile photo's. When their good and ready they'll unleash their promotion blitz.

I assume any info will be placed on a Film related Website first rather than here. That may seem mean to loyal fans like us but we're pretty much a minority while I suspect WebSites like Empire, SFX etc have a bigger demographic than us. It ain't personal it's merely commerce so don't expect to aee anything for a long while.

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Buddy

No need to lock it... if you don't want to read it, don't read it.

clavell

Quote from: The Cosh on 01 June, 2011, 01:43:09 PM
No. It keeps all the loonies occupied in one place.

And stops them bringing it up in every other thread.

- C
Writing Future Shocks is hard !

Colin YNWA

I actively avoid the movie threads in an attempt to avoid spoilers (though by the sound of it there really aren't any real ones about... well aside from the script that is!) but reading this type of things makes me incredibly curious as to what goes on in them.

Are they really that crazy?

Dandontdare

I'd say no - I don't read them, but as people have said, it keeps all the loons occupied in one place and keeps spoilers and specultaion out of other threads for people like me who want to see the movie as fresh as possible without months of discussion, leaks, spoilers etc.

nicklarr

No, I don't think there's any need for that.

Just tell Weather-Control to increase the tranq-gas a bit, that should calm the population for a while.

Keef Monkey

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 01 June, 2011, 03:25:40 PM
I actively avoid the movie threads in an attempt to avoid spoilers (though by the sound of it there really aren't any real ones about... well aside from the script that is!) but reading this type of things makes me incredibly curious as to what goes on in them.

Are they really that crazy?

"Those leaked photos don't look very good!"

"But they don't represent what the final movie will look like."

"Why don't they release some official shots! It's an insult to the fans!"

"Because the movie isn't out for a year so they'll probably have a PR plan for nearer the release."

"But Superhero Film X has released official shots and it's not out for a year."

"Yeah, but Superhero Film X is a bigger deal so will have a bigger marketing budget and will sustain hype for longer."

"But the leaked photos look rubbish!"

"Yeah but the finished movie won't look anything like that."

"So why are they kicking the fans in the balls by not releasing official shots!"

Repeat to fade.

Imagine that for about 70 pages and you've saved yourself having to look ;)

Toni Scandella

Don't think there is anything that wrong with Dredd fanboys discussing a new Dredd movie on a Dredd related message board.  

I would imagine it'd be more worrying for the film makers if there was no discussion and no-one seemed to care.

Richmond Clements

Can we try to keep this to the subject of the poll, and not start yet another debate about releasing pictures or not!

blackmocco

Nah probably not, although I would suggest the next person who starts a brand new thread simply to voice the same frustrations that have been posted ad infinitum elsewhere should either be deleted or merged with an existing one. It's not so much the debate itself that's the problem, just the fact that people keep posting the same points over and over again with nothing new to add. Keef's post was right on, sadly. The whole thing just keeps on going like some weird time causality loop. And our heads are the victims!!!!

There is actually room for interesting discussions on the movie threads. Just not lately, is all.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com