Main Menu

Artists, I am Here to Pull on Your Heart-Strings. I Need Your Help.

Started by locustsofdeath!, 16 August, 2012, 06:29:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

locustsofdeath!

Artisty-types.

My wife and I getting divorced, and she is granted temporary custody while the courts decide where they will ultimately go. I live in Philadelphia, she is soon to live in Oregon, so my two daughters will be far away from me. And this Christmas will be their first without me.

I am writing a short Christmas story, describing all the heroic adventures Daddy (me) embarks on to make Christmas so awesome - and "explaining" why I won't be with them this year.

I am in dire need of spot illustrations. I need ten of them to be exact, so if you can possibly draw a little bit for me - color or black and white - I would be very grateful. This book will really be something special for my girls.

Not to worry, you'll have a good time drawing lots of weird gloopy monsters and globby creatures out to destroy Christmas - and me stopping them, of course.

Please PM me or email me at locustsofdeath@googlemail.com if you can help. Cheers.

locustsofdeath!

Jeez, I've been kind of in a daze all day - that first sentence should read "My wife and I are getting divorced, and she is granted temporary custody of our daughters while the courts decide where they will ultimately go."

I guess that's not a good way to advertise my writing, all of those errors...

Two down, eight to go.

Cheers to whoever stickied this. I appreciate it.

Trout

This is a horrible nightmare. Hang in there, Locusts. If I could draw, I would help you out.

flip-r mk2

It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

Spaceghost

Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Jon

I'm so sorry to hear that. Hope you're okay.

I'll take a slot. (I love drawing monsters anyway).

dracula1

Name the theme, the deadline and consider it done fellow forumite.

Bolt-01

CrazyFoxMachine

TordelBack

If I had an artistic molecule in my body, I'd offer my services.  As it as, all I can manage is a virtual (entirely manly, platonic etc.) hug.  Miserable news.

Proudhuff

Sorry to hear that Locust, I'm seeing George tonight will pass this on to him.

Hope things workout for all four of you, PM me if you need to moan/rant/let of steam?call someone names.

P'Huff
DDT did a job on me

Dandontdare

Quote from: TordelBack on 16 August, 2012, 11:41:11 AM
If I had an artistic molecule in my body, I'd offer my services.  As it as, all I can manage is a virtual (entirely manly, platonic etc.) hug.  Miserable news.

^^^ This. All the best Matt.

Richmond Clements

And from me.
Losing the love of your life ain't an easy thing.

Adrian Bamforth

Feel free to contact me.

Ah, the foul rag and bone shop of the heart.