Main Menu

Judge Dredd: Mega-City One - TV show announced!

Started by Jim_Campbell, 10 May, 2017, 05:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

Quote from: sheridan on 14 May, 2017, 04:48:54 PM
Quote from: Goaty on 14 May, 2017, 04:34:36 PM
Mmm... Edger Wright just post that on Instagram with picture of you-know-know and no word...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUE1Z5sF4T4/?taken-by=edgar_wright&hl=en

I thought he was currently working on another property...

He'd been linked to Grasshopper Jungle.

Doesn't mean he couldn't direct an episode of a Dredd TV series.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

This show will live or die on the relative sizes of the Lawmaster Wheels and Judges' shoulder pads
You may quote me on that.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Mister Pops on 14 May, 2017, 08:04:08 PM
This show will live or die on the relative sizes of the Lawmaster Wheels and Judges' shoulder pads

So thank the heavens we've got a year or two to talk about it amnd set everyone straight!

Mardroid

Heh. I'm amused that we're pretty much talking about the same stuff we did when we knew the film was being produced. (Was it really 7 years ago? Feels like 2 or 3 years to me at most.)

IAMTHESYSTEM

2012 so that makes it by my poor maths 5 years. Stil a long time.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Mardroid on 14 May, 2017, 09:25:10 PM
Heh. I'm amused that we're pretty much talking about the same stuff we did when we knew the film was being produced. (Was it really 7 years ago? Feels like 2 or 3 years to me at most.)

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 14 May, 2017, 09:39:10 PM
2012 so that makes it by my poor maths 5 years. Stil a long time.

5 years since release - but almost 9 years since first we heard it was being 'produced'.

sheridan

Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 14 May, 2017, 01:55:48 AM
And you say --- nonsense like "the bike didn't look right", when 99% of the prospective audience wouldn't have the first clue what Dredd, his bike or his city would look like in the first place.

A big chunk of the prospective audience are Judge Dredd fans and they most certainly will have a clue.

How big a chunk, exactly?  Not sure what the current readership of 2000ad is but I don't think it's a significant proportion of the 650,000 people who bought the dvd or blu-ray.

SIP

Quote from: sheridan on 14 May, 2017, 11:41:56 PM
And you say --- nonsense like "the bike didn't look right", when 99% of the prospective audience wouldn't have the first clue what Dredd, his bike or his city would look like in the first place.

A big chunk of the prospective audience are Judge Dredd fans and they most certainly will have a clue.

How big a chunk, exactly?  Not sure what the current readership of 2000ad is but I don't think it's a significant proportion of the 650,000 people who bought the dvd or blu-ray.

I would say those sales surpass a million, and the readership must only be a small fraction of that. 

On top of that, only a small fraction of the readership posts on this forum.

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: SIP on 15 May, 2017, 06:46:08 AM
Quote from: sheridan on 14 May, 2017, 11:41:56 PM

I would say those sales surpass a million, and the readership must only be a small fraction of that. 

On top of that, only a small fraction of the readership posts on this forum.

And not all Dredd fans buy or still buy 2000AD.  Apart from an issue here and there I haven't bought it regularly since the 70s.   I bet most of the people who bought the Dredd dvd are Dredd fans.   

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 15 May, 2017, 07:24:11 AM
Apart from an issue here and there I haven't bought it regularly since the 70s.

And yet, here you are, spaffing on about the 'right' way to do Dredd. You're quite the authority.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

SIP

I'm finding myself wondering whether I have articulated my comments clearly in the preceding pages of this thread.

I am a huge Judge Dredd fanboy.....I support 2000AD as much as anyone could. I've been a subscriber to 2000ad and the magazine for as long as I can remember and have been reading 2000ad regularly since the early 1980's when I first came across the mighty prog.  All I wanted to be in life from a young age (until I finally quit trying in my 30's) was a Judge Dredd artist.

The 2012 Dredd film was pure joy for me and I've thrown 100% support behind it. I'm thrilled that this TV series is in production, and I'm proud of the strong support by the fan community for their relentless promotion of Dredd since 2012 that has no doubt helped keep the momentum going to get this series to this stage.

Rebellion have demonstrated their complete understanding of Dredd and have done an incredible job here since taking over the Prog. They have also clearly demonstrated that they will not allow these characters to be poorly handled. I have total faith in them to make sure that this series is faithful to the source material. This in turn should keep all of us Dredd-heads happy.

I can't get on board with the "listen to what us fans want!" Rants.  Honestly, that's no way to make a quality show. If this thread makes anything clear it's that there isn't any consistent "wishlist" from this small cross section of the fan base. Let the talented creators, writers and Rebellion do what they do and it'll all be cool!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: SIP on 15 May, 2017, 08:48:52 AM
Let the talented creators, writers and Rebellion do what they do and it'll all be cool!

You've been on the internet before, right? :-)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

SIP

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 15 May, 2017, 08:50:05 AM
Let the talented creators, writers and Rebellion do what they do and it'll all be cool!

You've been on the internet before, right? :-)

Ha ha, fair point. 😊

TordelBack

Damnit SiP now I have nothing whatsoever to add to a thread that will likely run for many years.

SIP

Sorry man! It'll all move on shortly and we can get back to debating chain link count 😊