Main Menu

Judge Dredd: Mega-City One - TV show announced!

Started by Jim_Campbell, 10 May, 2017, 05:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Quote from: TordelBack on 16 May, 2017, 10:29:10 AMAgree on all points, there.  With the possible very minor exception of the rather cold-blooded execution of Ma-Ma, I felt I was watching Judge Dredd throughout: turns out all the rest was just trappings.
Even the Ma-Ma ending is in keeping with some versions of Dredd. There are plenty of times where in the past he's killed people in fairly brutal ways and snarling at them. (That tends to happen less these days, admittedly.)

QuoteFor my money the Hellboy movies are more enjoyable than the comics they sort-of adapt (see also: Iron Man, Avengers etc), and I bet there are many people who feel the same way about Dredd.  Given the size of the readership, that's essential.
I much prefer the Hellboy comics, which are probably my favourite run of any comics (to the point I double dipped on those ludicrously expensive Library editions), but I really liked the movies anyway (and from an entertainment perspective, they're more fun than the thoughtful nature of a lot of the main comics run). I even bought the two animations, which were pretty good as well. (I recall one hangs together a lot better than the other – but not which one's which!)

Beeks

Quote from: Steve Green on 16 May, 2017, 10:59:00 AM
Edgar Wright has been angling to do Strontium Dog since before Shaun of the Dead, had a meeting with John and Carlos last year and posted a pic of the Dredd vs Death statue from the Rebellion office, as mentioned by Goaty.

So it could be that.

Or it could be connected to Rogue Trooper.

Jason has hinted that other IPs other than Dredd may be in the offing.

Aw man if they did Strontium Dog my head would explode..literally
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Steve Green

DrRocka

Never ever bloody anything ever

Steve Green

Pat's Millsverse page has also posted about an announcement today, but I'd think that's more likely to be an autobiography.

Steve Green

Quote from: Beeks on 16 May, 2017, 10:55:11 AM
Quote from: Steve Green on 16 May, 2017, 10:51:09 AM
It says not Dredd 2...

I can read  ;)

But it also says we will be excited by the next announcement

I was speculating on whether Karl is on board for the tv series

If not..wonder what it can be?!

OK, could be reading this the wrong way - they seem to be saying it's not a sequel to the person who asked if it's a reboot or sequel.

So the next announcement could be anything, writers, maybe directors interested.

Beeks

Quote from: Steve Green on 16 May, 2017, 01:02:04 PM
Quote from: Beeks on 16 May, 2017, 10:55:11 AM
Quote from: Steve Green on 16 May, 2017, 10:51:09 AM
It says not Dredd 2...

I can read  ;)

But it also says we will be excited by the next announcement

I was speculating on whether Karl is on board for the tv series

If not..wonder what it can be?!

OK, could be reading this the wrong way - they seem to be saying it's not a sequel to the person who asked if it's a reboot or sequel.

So the next announcement could be anything, writers, maybe directors interested.

You could be right..we will soon find out!  :D
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Goaty

Quote from: Beeks on 16 May, 2017, 10:31:32 AM
QuoteIts not Dredd 2, but we hope that you'll be excited by the next announcement ; )

Rebellion just posted this on Twitter

Urban confirmed maybe?!

Maybe it on next 2000AD email which out tomorrow...?

amines2058

Quote from: Steve Green on 16 May, 2017, 12:30:29 PM
Pat's Millsverse page has also posted about an announcement today, but I'd think that's more likely to be an autobiography.

His twitter feed is now posting not very cryptic images and text

Soon.....from Pat Mills

followed by

Be Pure.....from Pat Mills

So I can hopefully assume that whatever it is is connected to Nemesis.

SIP

Damn.....I want Karl Urban news so bad it hurts.....

Richard

I just wish he'd get on with finishing Requiem Vampire Knight!

hazy efc

I've been super busy and have literally just heard the news on the new Judge Dredd TV show and I'm beyond exited :D I really hope Karl is back to play Dredd but from the poster It looks like there going in a different direction from the Dredd movie.

ZenArcade

I gotta say I'm shocked by how 'casual' 'Mega-City One - TV show announced!' posters like hazy efc just appear on here after what.....nearly 28 pages posting about Urban.  Bah the cheek.  Z  ;)
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Woolly

Things I want:

I really hope we get to see Brit-Cit at some point, and a spin off Armitage series if we're especially lucky.

As for the uniform, as long as it looks imposing enough I'll be happy. I remember not being particularly impressed when I first saw the image of the 2012 uniform, but when I saw Karl acting in it - yup, that was Dredd! And it worked beautifully!

I'm hoping the series makes it's own version of the Dredd history we all know, whilst also making a point to be it's own thing and surprise us from time to time. An endless regurgitation of stories and characters I already know would begin to grate eventually.

Judge Giant needs to be in it.

Even if this isn't going to be a continuation of the 2012 film, I hope Karl and Olivia can reprise their roles.

And, most of all, I really want to see 'written by John Wagner' in the credits.

ZenArcade

Maybe give John Smith a couple of episodes.... Now that'd be TV viewing! Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead