Main Menu

iPad version

Started by jannerboyuk, 22 November, 2012, 02:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jannerboyuk

Having got an ipad recently I took the plunge an bought this weeks prog via the app. I must say in some ways it looks more beautiful! Even the abc warriors drudge didn't look too bad. I still have that sense of not having actually got it yet, the need for paper in hand still feels quite strong! Still saved 36p! Has anyone gone the full hog and only got the prog in an iPad stylee?

Albion

Yes. I've been getting the Prog and Meg in only it's digital form for ages now. I get it via the shop rather than the app.

It justs suits me better. I don't have room for a huge pile of progs anymore. I enjoy being able to download it on a Wednesday morning at work and read it at lunchtime. It also means I can leave a load of them on the iPad and read them anywhere I like.

I still buy what trades I want in their printed form.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: jannerboyuk on 22 November, 2012, 02:40:14 PM
I must say in some ways it looks more beautiful!

HERETIC!!!! BURN SINNER BURN!!!!!

The Adventurer

January I go full digital on my new iPad (I have print preorders through Prog 2013 I'm committed to). I'm rather excited actually. Being able to get the Prog the week it actually comes out is... quite an experience I'm sure.

Once upon a time I tried going full digital via Click-Wheel and my PC. It resulted in a 2 year period where I didn't read 2000 AD regularly (losing my job at the time didn't help matters either). So I'm slightly worried about a repeat. But reading comics formated for print on a PC screen sort of sucks. But reading print comics on an iPad screen is pretty much exactly like reading it in print. So... I don't think it'll be a problem this time.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

James

Yeah, use the newsstand app for the prog and Clickwheel for the Meg. I love waiting about on a Tuesday night for the 'Attention Earthlets' notification to pop up.

jannerboyuk

Tempted by the various subs and the free back issues that come with it. How come the meg isn't in newsstand as well?

DrJomster

Good question! I'm going to try the digi-sub in a few weeks. The test prog I got looked AMAZING! You can still download the Meg into GoodReader issue by issue until such time as the Meg goes digi-sub too.
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

The Adventurer

Hey. Is Prog 2013 showing up a 'Not Available' on the iPad app for everyone else? WHY IS IT TAUNTING ME?!

jannerboyuk

Martin Jameson

Quote from: The Adventurer on 12 December, 2012, 09:01:22 PM
Hey. Is Prog 2013 showing up a 'Not Available' on the iPad app for everyone else? WHY IS IT TAUNTING ME?!

I'm getting that too.

MercZ

I love reading the progs on my iPad. It makes it much more accessible for me too, since 2000AD isn't something you'd find on the shelves over here in the United States with out getting it ordered. Pricewise this is easier and better for me too than ordering physical copies.

I wonder if the app account will ever be synced with the site, so we get the digital copies through that too? It would be useful if for what ever reason I don't have an apple device in the future but still have access to things I've purchased in the past.

Quote from: The Adventurer on 12 December, 2012, 09:01:22 PM

Quote from: Light Surfer on 13 December, 2012, 12:24:16 AM
I'm getting that too.

It's working for me, but you guys aren't the only ones who are having this problem judging by some of the tweets that the 2000AD account has been responding to.

The Adventurer

Prog 2013 is avalible for me now. So that's good.

Say, I just signed up for a month to month subscription to try out the sub process. And I got a concerning message after signing up. Something along the lines of suggesting that if I ever cancel, I will lose access to all the issues that I received during my subscription. Is that true? Or does that only pertain to the free back-issues that come with the sub?

jannerboyuk

Quote from: The Adventurer on 13 December, 2012, 08:06:23 PM
Prog 2013 is avalible for me now. So that's good.

Say, I just signed up for a month to month subscription to try out the sub process. And I got a concerning message after signing up. Something along the lines of suggesting that if I ever cancel, I will lose access to all the issues that I received during my subscription. Is that true? Or does that only pertain to the free back-issues that come with the sub?
ive subbed and didn't get that message! Was it by email? If true ill be cancelling tomorrow to be honest :(

Molch-R

That's not correct. If you delete the app you can re-install it later and restore purchases (same as many other apps). Once you've bought a subscription you will always be entitled to the free issues, even after the sub is cancelled.

jannerboyuk