Main Menu

"The things i do for love" Game of Thrones is here

Started by Radbacker, 18 April, 2011, 02:11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BPP

welll done to anyone who made it to 5... 2-4 were dull dog.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

mygrimmbrother

That's baffling - the missus and I are absolutely hooked. Fine performances all round - a big shout out to Peter Dinklage, Conleth Hill and the girl who plays little Arya Stark. Even Lena Headey hasn't spoiled it - I usually find her to be very wooden, but now I'm confused, as she seems to be infusing Cersei with just the right amount of cold detachment and ennui. Or maybe she is just wooden and I was right first time.

Anyway, it's me new favourite show by a country mile, and TBH these days I mostly find fantasy stuff a bit daft.

zombemybabynow

episode 1 got me into the book - which i've almost finished, although the tv progs good, it's not as good as the book and i minor scene change with jon snow was unnessaccery
Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

Spaceghost

I've just finished reading the book as I wanted to read it first with no spoilers. I've now started watching the series and it is fantastic.

The costumes, sets and all the production design is virtually flawless. They've got the tone and dialogue just right and even where it deviates slightly from the original text, it's entirely appropriate and in keeping with the story.

All the cast are fantastic and give great performances. I've been especially impressed by Sean Bean as Ned Stark, Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister and Iain Glen as Jorah Mormont.

Now I need to read A Clash of Kings before series 2 comes out.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Trout

I'm enjoying it a lot. It's entertaining and, each time it finishes, I want to know what happens next.

zombemybabynow

anyone enjoying the programme - really should read the book, it's amazing and the characters are soo well written - i read it on my commute to and from work, each chapter has the main characters name that it focuses on - so perfect for the train
Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

the shutdown man

This week's ep probably featured one of the most painful-looking deaths I've ever seen on screen. Damn.
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

mogzilla

enjoying this immensley,came to it blind having never read the books and eah episode has me drawn in so much i'm sad that the end credits roll, nice sean bean swordy action last week he'd have totally had the poncey blond fella if the dastardly guard hadnt done that!

Radbacker

nah i dont think Bean (Ned) would've taken Jamie (The Kingslayer is meant to be one of the best swords in the realm, and we saw how easily he put poor Jori down) down but he was putting up a danm good fight concidering.  This weeks just keeps galoping along, all the important scenes are there and more imporantly all the characters are ringing true to their Book counterparts (I was particualarly concerned that the girl playing Danrys wasn't up to it but after last nights "he wasn't true blood of the dragon" line she also gets thumbs up).  Missing Jon and the Wall as he hasn't been in the last two episodes.

Definatly my favorite new show this season, i've completely stopped watching Camelot as it just cant match this.  Will pick it up again when this ends to sate my thirst for more swordy action.

CU Radbacker

mygrimmbrother

Well that was another cracking episode. Even though I knew it was coming (I haven't read the books, just stumbled across a spoiler), that [spoiler]'gilded death' [/spoiler] was utterly shocking and brilliantly gruesome. It's been apparent from the onset that [spoiler]war is coming[/spoiler], but I was worried we might have to wait until something like season 3 for it. But we're only 6 episodes in and it seems to be looming already.

CAN'T. GET. ENOUGH!!!

And for anyone with any doubts about Jason Momoa as Conan - just get a load of his Khal Drogo, and forget yer worries. Of course, Conan could well be a steaming pile of shite, but it won't be because Momoa's rubbish.

Radbacker

if you like Drogo in ep 6 just wait till you see the end of episode 7, i could totally see the guy as Conan.  Unfortunatly in seeing episode 7 (which is available through various un-named means) the whole series is ruined for me [spoiler]I have to wait two whole fucken weeks till the next new episode[/spoiler] :lol:
Starting to see some real scale now, the opening shot in ep 7 shows a considerably larger quantity of tents that previously seen.

CU Radbacker

PsychoGoatee

This show is so goddamn good its crazy. And only two episodes left for this season, great Scott!

My favorite line, "No one touches the dragon!", I say it often now.

mygrimmbrother

Favourite bits this week - [spoiler]seeing Robb Stark rise to the occasion, Syrio's last stand (or was it?), Ser Barristan's hissy fit, Khal Drogo's utter annihialtion of his enemy[/spoiler]. Actually, I'm gonna spoiler all of those just in case.

What a show! And now we have Charles Dance lording it over everyone in full on smarm mode - superb!

Richmond Clements

I'm loving this series.
Having read the books, I'm glorying in visiting the world, plus spotting places I know in where it was filmed.

Bou hasn't read the books, so doesn't know what's coming in the next couple of weeks. I shall particularly enjoy the reaction that will come at what happens to [spoiler]Khal Drogo[/spoiler], she commented last episode that she couldn't wait until [spoiler]he got on the boats to fight the Lannisters...[/spoiler]

locustsofdeath!

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 09 June, 2011, 02:20:55 PM
Bou hasn't read the books, so doesn't know what's coming in the next couple of weeks. I shall particularly enjoy the reaction that will come at what happens to [spoiler]Khal Drogo[/spoiler], she commented last episode that she couldn't wait until [spoiler]he got on the boats to fight the Lannisters...[/spoiler]

Adrene has no idea either...oh, it's going to be fantastic to read some reactions.

Having read the books as well (I've just finished Storm of Swords), I have to say I like most of the casting too. Except Tywain. I always pictured Patrick McGoohan as Long Shanks playing the part!