Main Menu

Criminal organizations in MC-1

Started by Sandman1, 26 July, 2017, 04:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandman1

Quote from: Spikes on 29 July, 2017, 01:20:33 PMOld skool mafia to boot!

Professionals? Rex and Louis made a feeble-minded decision and jumped right on Dredd. I hope the Frendz Mob maintains a higher standard.   
Error...

sheridan

Quote from: Sandman1 on 29 July, 2017, 04:28:14 PM
Quote from: Spikes on 29 July, 2017, 01:20:33 PMOld skool mafia to boot!

Professionals? Rex and Louis made a feeble-minded decision and jumped right on Dredd. I hope the Frendz Mob maintains a higher standard.   

You forget the context though - obviously they're feeble-minded, otherwise they wouldn't have been so easily psychically manipulated!

Sandman1

Quote from: sheridan on 30 July, 2017, 10:30:43 PMYou forget the context though - obviously they're feeble-minded, otherwise they wouldn't have been so easily psychically manipulated!

I may have misinterpreted the context, but the guy with the special powers wasn't particularly shrewd either.
Error...

sheridan

Quote from: Sandman1 on 30 July, 2017, 11:28:45 PM
Quote from: sheridan on 30 July, 2017, 10:30:43 PMYou forget the context though - obviously they're feeble-minded, otherwise they wouldn't have been so easily psychically manipulated!

I may have misinterpreted the context, but the guy with the special powers wasn't particularly shrewd either.

The psyker had been subject to a repeated, sustained harassment campaign by Dredd, involving being psychically assaulted by Psi-Judges for a few days straight (the Psi-Judges got some rest, going on shifts to attack the psyker - the psyker had no such luxury).

Sandman1

Quote from: sheridan on 31 July, 2017, 08:57:02 AMThe psyker had been subject to a repeated, sustained harassment campaign by Dredd, involving being psychically assaulted by Psi-Judges for a few days straight (the Psi-Judges got some rest, going on shifts to attack the psyker - the psyker had no such luxury).

It's not that especially sagaciously to use psychic powers if Judges can track down someone who uses that ability.
Error...

sheridan

Quote from: Sandman1 on 31 July, 2017, 04:15:55 PM
Quote from: sheridan on 31 July, 2017, 08:57:02 AMThe psyker had been subject to a repeated, sustained harassment campaign by Dredd, involving being psychically assaulted by Psi-Judges for a few days straight (the Psi-Judges got some rest, going on shifts to attack the psyker - the psyker had no such luxury).

It's not that especially sagaciously to use psychic powers if Judges can track down someone who uses that ability.

Imagine you're in a CIA cell for a day, under constant 'treatment' from a rotating roster of torturers.  After you've endured that for a day you're let out.  Upon release you're taken in by the CIA again.  Then again.  How capable are you of making rational decisions after you've been subjected to that treatment, day in, day out?  Context is everything.

Sandman1

Quote from: sheridan on 31 July, 2017, 04:50:41 PMImagine you're in a CIA cell for a day, under constant 'treatment' from a rotating roster of torturers.  After you've endured that for a day you're let out.  Upon release you're taken in by the CIA again.  Then again.  How capable are you of making rational decisions after you've been subjected to that treatment, day in, day out?  Context is everything.

He shouldn't do business in the underworld if he can't handle arduous adversities. He can also take more thoughtful precautions, especially if he intends to attack a super cop in a totalitarian reality. Or he can also seize other actions, like depart from the city. 
Error...

Rudolph88

I believe there's also The Firm led by the mysterious 'Boss' in The Simping Detective. But they may just be the organisation that runs Sector 13/Angeltown.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Rudolph88 on 14 August, 2017, 02:12:02 PM
I believe there's also The Firm led by the mysterious 'Boss' in The Simping Detective. But they may just be the organisation that runs Sector 13/Angeltown.

Trouble with 'The Boss' running organised crime in Sector 13, known as Angeltown, is that 'The Big Man' [spoiler](Aimee Nixon)[/spoiler] runs organised crime in Sector 13, known as The Low Life; and that Vic Burnett runs organised crime in Sector 13, which is known as The Warzone; and the corrupt Sector Chief is Kruger, except that the corrupt Sector Chief is Daveez. All depends on whose script you're reading!

With such a big city to play with, it's a shame the droids keep falling for the showy narrative allure of the number 13.
@jamesfeistdraws