Main Menu

Captain Scarlet - He is indestructable - you are not!

Started by paulvonscott, 12 February, 2005, 04:27:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulvonscott

So, anyone know when it's on?  The advert looked quite cool.  I'm not a Gerry Anderson fan as such (except for Space 1999) but I am intrigued!

frazer

10.30 saturday. one of my mates worked on it so he sent out the email bigging it up:P

f

paulvonscott

Cool, cheers Frazer.  

I have to get up early tomorrow, and I should be back in time to give it a go.  I heard a Captain Scarlet Comic was also due out, not sure if that's still happening.

UZI 4U

Is this a new Scarlet or reruns of the originals? Either way I'll be happy, saturday morns have been shite since they stopped showing Dan Dare and Beastwars- prime shared quality time for a dad and his little lad :)
Regards Jim.

paulvonscott

Heh, this is the new 'Hypermarianation' one in rather tasty CGI.

I enjoyed the odd episode of Dare I saw, the dvd is cheap, but it doesn't have all the shows on.

UZI 4U

HYPERmarianation eh?!  I am totally there dude!
BTW I bought Dare on VHS as a xmas prezzie for my dad, it hasn't got all the shows on either but it still rocks. If the DVD is the same selection and you can get it cheap I'd advise you to treat yourself  to a copy soon.
Yours, stiff upper lippedly, Jim.

Bico

Hmmm.  I got a better impression of Dan Dare when it was on telly than I did when I watched the dvd - when I watched that, I thought the show went from average to total bumcakes.

irving9000

i watched a dan dare that had the most shocking editing, scenes did not fit together, was weird. one where mekon came to ask for help or something. well impressed by some effects though.

Adrian Bamforth

I remember reading that Gerry Anderson was making it in Sheperton or Pinewood studios at the same time the Thunderbirds (which he completely disowned) was being made. People kept walking past his studio carrying big bits of Thunderbird set.

ADE

James

Steve Green

ITV, it's somewhere in the middle of Ministry of Mayhem.

- Steve

paulvonscott

Tuned in a bit late, but if it's one of these shows 'somewhere' in a big pile of shit kids programming, then I'm not going to bother with it.  Seems like madness to me!

shazhughes

By looking at my sky programme planner it looks like Cpt Scarlett will be appearing at the same time 10.30.

Byron Virgo

Seeing as I'm at work at this time, it looks like I'll never see this series, so I'll never know how it compares to my boyhood favourite.

Quirkafleeg

I frecking rocked to be honest... althouhg they split the episode over some rubbish involving some fat bloke from Blue (I think) and gunge... Think I'll stick a tape in next week so I can fast forward through it (instead of reading the paper muttering 'kids today!' like Victor Meldrew)