Main Menu

Captain Scarlet - He is indestructable - you are not!

Started by paulvonscott, 12 February, 2005, 04:27:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrian Bamforth

Saw Cheggers naked on Channel 5 that time. No wonder Maggie Philbin wasn't called Maggie Philled-In.

ADE

Buddy

Holly Willoubhy (SP??) from MOM is a delight to watch on a saturday morning (especially as she is prone to the odd 'pop out' and knicker flash).

Missed Captain Scarlet, will 'tune in' for that next week.

I hear Gerry Anderson may get the Thunderbirds rights back.

Because the film bombed so much the studio want to get rid of the thing and Gerry has his sights on a new CGI series at sometime in the future.

MUD

I thought it was quite good and was surprised that they had a scene with a guy getting crushed in a crusher thing, Probably shows that they realise alot of people watching were fans of the original and not just kids if only the maker of that awful Thunderbirds film had the same idea.

Matt Timson

ARSES!!!  Went and missed it again!

>:(
Pffft...

Krustabi

Conexus

snap too (well, almost, saw the first ep)

shazhughes

I managed to catch it even though it wasnt quite on at the same time.
My only quibble this wek was the usual bad guy explains everything before carrying out his evil plan.
If the bomb could split the planet in two why set the timer for 6 minutes instead of just pushing the button and ending it all.

gnilleps

"If the bomb could split the planet in two why set the timer for 6 minutes instead of just pushing the button and ending it all."

Maybe he wanted to boil a couple of eggs and only had a really small saucepan?

paulvonscott

It's quite simple Shaz, he didn't really wnat to destroy the world, it was just a cry for help.

Bico

More importantly, why did they go to all the trouble of trying to get the bomb's remote control back so they could turn the bomb off?
Apart from why the villian would even build in such a feature  to the remote in the first place, how did Scarlet know it was there?  And how come blowing up the remote turned the bomb timer off?  And how did Scarlet know that coming into contact with ice-cold water would cause the Russian super-tank to explode into a million, million pieces?  Only there's quite a bit of cold water in Siberia, and I'm beginning to formulate a theory as to why the Soviet Union collapsed...

Bad Andy

Maybe it took 6 minutes to warm up? I dunno...

Saw the first one and was pleased with the car crusher, missed the second one cos I didn't care

Buddy

Caught most of it, thought it was very watchable.

Is it just me or have those 'Angel' pilots had collogen (sp) implants, a bit too pouty.

Disapointed that Captain Scarlet didn't sound like Carry Grant.

Richmond Clements

Loved the vehicle designs.
Especially the Nort tank that the Russians had. All they had to do was sit there, unharmed from by any weapon Scarlet could throw at them, for 6 minutes, and the world would have exploded. But no, they had to chase him onto the ice, didn't they..?

Buddy

Yeah, thought the vehicle designs were great.

CGI good all round, except for the mouth movements.

Wouldn't mind seeing a Dredd or Stronty Dog done like this.

Quirkafleeg

Enjoyable though it was I thought some of the direction was a bit off... some of the dog-fighing was a bit confusing. And I could have done without the revolving strap-lines promoting competions and telling me the next part is on after the break.. Christ kids telly these days.