Main Menu

Last movie watched...

Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 February, 2011, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smith

Now you see me(both movie) The first part is a bit better,thou the second part has the father/son duo of [spoiler]Michael Caine and Daniel Radcliffe,which was a joy to watch.[/spoiler]
They both put style over substance,but they do it in style.So even if the stories are kinda weak,strong performances pull it thru.Point to the first movie,I didn't see the twist,which rarely happens.It wasn't really foreshadowed anyway.So,in short,2 enjoyable,fun movies.

Supreme Pizza Of The DPRK

John Wick 2

or Keanu Reeves murders hundreds of people.

A bit too much killing for the girlfriend. I had a blast. Reminded me of XXX in places, especially the concert setting (without the Rammstein)

My only gripe was that talentless aussie was in it. At least she had no dialog I suppose. But still why must Hollywood continue to cast her I do not know. I've had floaters that have more of a range than her.

If you like seeing multiple people being shot in the head, definitely go see this.

Smith

In the Blood...I have got to stop chosing movies at random,cuz this was crap.I feel bad for the actors (most of them,anyway).

Quote from: Smith on 06 June, 2017, 06:51:28 PM
In the Blood...I have got to stop chosing movies at random,cuz this was crap.I feel bad for the actors (most of them,anyway).

http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/in-the-blood-2014

It doesn't sound much cop based on the ebert.com review. Surely you must have been suspicious when you saw Danny Trejo's name on the box? :D

Smith

Like the review said,you do feel bad for Danny Trejo.The whole thing is a boring mess.Sooner I forget it,the better.
Back to good movies,Heist.That was a great movie.Gene Hackman kills it,as always.

Colin YNWA

Just watched Dredd for the first time in a while. Good movie.

Mardroid

Quote from: Smith on 07 June, 2017, 06:25:15 AM
Like the review said,you do feel bad for Danny Trejo.The whole thing is a boring mess.Sooner I forget it,the better.
Back to good movies,Heist.That was a great movie.Gene Hackman kills it,as always.

They guy certainly gets around, though. TV programmes, rather than films, and but I was watching Breaking Bad the other day and he was in that. Now I'm on Sons  of Anarchy season 4 and he turned up as Romeo...

And he was a Mexican vampire bounty hunter a while back in From Dusk till Dawn (series).

He is rather typecast, and none of these roles are poles apart (although his role was more comedic in Breaking..., and broke type in not being much of a hard man) but he is fun to watch.

Zarjazzer

Arrival-scandalous pro xenos movie where the Imperium fails to obliterate the ghastly alien in the name of the god -emperor. I've been  reading alot of Wh40k recently I think it's beginning to affect my mind.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Smith

Rewatched Rush Hour(for like the 20th time).Still kills me every time. :D

CrazyFoxMachine

Labyrinth

It's an odd one, this. Whereas it has imagination in spades and a thousand top creative brains behind it - the story is arse. Connelly's character is flat and there's no strong narrative running through it at all. Essentially it's a few tropes propped up by ropey musical numbers and remarkable physical effects. Which means that it's cheesy as hell, rammed with memorable moments and ends up meaning little to nothing.

On repeat viewing I really enjoyed how straight Bowie was playing it - he seems genuinely quite malevolent. Although a lot of his sinister edge might have to do with that sequence where he tries to seduce the fifteen-year-old protagonist ... yeesh.

Mattofthespurs

The Mummy

As much as I wanted to dislike it this was great fun. Think Indiana Jone + American Werewolf in London plus Mummy films of the past.
It was scary in places, funny in places, and nonsensical in places but most importantly it was short, to the point, and fun.
A decent start to the Dark Universe franchise imo.

Theblazeuk

Guardians volume 2 - hits most of the same marks as the first one and suffers for the familiarity, but still a lot of fun. Michael Rooker is the highlight along with Drax. The 'main characters' are probably the least interesting as you know how it's going to pan out for Star Lord. But nothing to complain about at all, and lots of lovely Easter eggs for the fanboys.

Bushwhacked (1995)

After the success of the Home Alone films and City Slickers, Daniel Stern stars in this hilarious 90's comedy also staring a whole bunch of child actors who were never seen again!

Sterns angry guy acting is about the only good part of the film. Spend your time elsewhere.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Nerve

Came across like an American (ie sanitised) Black Mirror. Ultimately, forgettable puff. And let down by the first proper out-of-the-blue Deus Ex Machina that I've come across in a while: [spoiler]...and then a mysterious hacker gang come out of nowhere and stop it.[/spoiler]
Lock up your spoons!

Smith

Inside Man was pretty good.Its pretty interesting to frame a heist movie from a police perspective.