Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klegg Bait

Does Mad City have any Dredd-world stories, or is it all stuff I will be able to catch in the Case Files?

Davgardo

Quote from: Klegg Bait on 15 August, 2017, 03:22:56 PM
Does Mad City have any Dredd-world stories, or is it all stuff I will be able to catch in the Case Files?

Well, you might have a wait for some of the strips (Streetfighting Man 2007 and Borrowed Time 2009) but it's all stories that have or will be collected in the Case Files - except the annual stories from the Restricted Files of which there are 4.

Klegg Bait

Magnetica

The Judge Child without the colour centre spreads means I won't purchase it. It is my favourite Dredd Mega epic but I did re-read it recently in the Case Files (which I borrowed from the library).

If they brought out a hard back version with the colour centre spreads (like The Cursed Earth Uncensored) I would probably get that.

Davgardo

Quote from: Magnetica on 15 August, 2017, 04:01:22 PM

If they brought out a hard back version with the colour centre spreads (like The Cursed Earth Uncensored) I would probably get that.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if that happens - with Block War added of course.

But it does look great though: that full face Bolland cover perfectly suits the colour scheme they're using.

Apestrife

Can't wait to read Mad city  :)

I'm hoping Block War and Destiny's angels will get collected in City of the damned.

Apestrife

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 14 August, 2017, 10:33:00 AMOh, and Unamerican Graffiti? I thought Hachette had confirmed that _wouldn't_ be in the series? Perhaps they just meant not in the Chopper book (which would presumably then begin with the MacNeil-illustrated post-Supersurf race against Jug).

I thought it sounded as if it where omitted entirely at first, but after people kept asking for it the JDMC page hinted that it would show up in some form. Great to hear that it's in the collection :)

moly

Would be nice if the additional 10 volumes had more stuff like mad city, bit of otto sump and captain skank

TordelBack

The Judge Child without the colour centre spreads means I won't purchase it. It is my favourite Dredd Mega epic but I did re-read it recently in the Case Files (which I borrowed from the library).

The added draw here is Dead Ringer, which will not the best does have its moments, not least a roster of hot young art gods, and it doesn't outstay its welcome. Has it even been reprinted before?

Swerty

I don't get it why release it without the Colour spreads?

Magnetica

Quote from: TordelBack on 15 August, 2017, 06:06:03 PM
The added draw here is Dead Ringer, which while not the best does have its moments, not least a roster of hot young art gods, and it doesn't outstay its welcome. Has it even been reprinted before?

Ok you are going to have to remind me - what is that one about?

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Swerty on 15 August, 2017, 11:56:16 PM
I don't get it why release it without the Colour spreads?
Presumably no-one has done repro/clean-up for this as yet, but b+w scans were already in the archive.

Steve Green

Quote from: Magnetica on 16 August, 2017, 09:30:34 AM
Quote from: TordelBack on 15 August, 2017, 06:06:03 PM
The added draw here is Dead Ringer, which while not the best does have its moments, not least a roster of hot young art gods, and it doesn't outstay its welcome. Has it even been reprinted before?

Ok you are going to have to remind me - what is that one about?

Diplomat (I think) dies, and they're looking for someone to act as an imposter until a deal is struck - the person JD is looking for goes on the run thinking he's a suspect, ends up in the Cursed Earth and then off-planet with Dredd tracking him.

Includes Dredd on a planet where Umpty has a grip on the population.

davidbishop

DEAD RINGER is notable for being the only 7-part Dredd story with a different artist on every episode [albeit 10+ page episodes, specifically Duncan Fegredo (1), Jock (2), Wayne Reynolds (3), Simon Coleby (4), Anthony Williams (5), Ben Oliver (6) and Richard Elson (7). It was one of Andy Diggle's moves to reinvigorate the Megazine, alongside reviving Armitage after 5 years absence, and replacing hefty chunks of Preacher with own-brand strips like classic Strontium Dog.

abelardsnazz

It all seems to have gone quiet on the next issue announcement front, anyone would have thought there's a 2000AD collection launching or something. Issue 71 is the final volume of Tour of Duty but any ideas on 70?

it's also been announced that Dark Justice will appear in the 2000AD collection rather than here, as part of 3 Dredd volumes in that run, none of those will overlap with the MC.