Main Menu

Something Rogue Troopery in the offing?

Started by Steve Green, 28 February, 2017, 05:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 28 February, 2017, 05:47:10 PM
My sources in the industry have leaked another teaser screenshot.

I see it has quite an advanced player versus player mode:

dweezil2

Quote from: Mardroid on 28 February, 2017, 06:21:00 PM
Quote from: The Adventurer on 28 February, 2017, 05:44:18 PM
Quote from: JaHawkDroid on 28 February, 2017, 05:36:00 PM
Rogue trooper remaster on One, PS4 , PC and Switch

I thought you were joking, but yup confirmed for Switch (and others)

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/02/rebellion_is_reviving_rogue_trooper_for_nintendo_switch

Okay. I should have read further down the thread before posting.

Not as good news as a sequel perhaps, but then, who knows what would be added?

The game mechanics were always fantastic, but with a few extra levels maybe and tarted up graphics, this will be a must have!  :)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

radiator

Great news! Never got around to playing it back in the day. I'll definitely get it when I get a Switch.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: dweezil2 on 28 February, 2017, 08:00:41 PM
The game mechanics were always fantastic

ISTR trying to play it but spending ten minutes repeatedly falling off a cliff very early on, giving up and never playing it again... I think I flogged to Bolt in the end!
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Professor Bear

Not sure about its pacing for a multiplayer experience, but otherwise this still holds up pretty well.  Upgrade to 4K textures and 60fps and this could pass as a modern release.

SIP

I'm not so sure,  I felt it was a little clunky at the time of original release. For me, it always played like a gears of war clone.  I did enjoy it though and will reserve judgement until the actual release.  Whether I buy the game for a third time remains to be seen, though I would always try and support anything 2000ad.

Now, a Strontium Dog game would be an instant purchase, as would a dredd game set in the movie universe.

Professor Bear

Rogue Trooper came out before Gears of War.  Rebellion take note: if you want your cover-based shooters to be more successful in future, stop putting female characters in them.

CrazyFoxMachine

I love Rogue Trooper - incredibly playable 3rd person shooter with a compelling story (OBVS). Would love to see it all shiny lookin' and new.

SIP

Quote from: Professor Bear on 28 February, 2017, 11:09:58 PM
Rogue Trooper came out before Gears of War.  Rebellion take note: if you want your cover-based shooters to be more successful in future, stop putting female characters in them.

They were both released in the same year but rogue did indeed beat gears to it. They must have been in development at the same time.  Very similar game play, but the sheer polish of gears has better weathered the passage of time. Hopefully this update will be a little more than a graphics upgrade.

The Adventurer

To be fair Rogue was a previous gen game (PS2/Xbox) and Gears was nextgen (360).

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Rogue Judge

This is very exciting! I have never played the original (hadn't discovered thrill power at the time) so I will get this without a doubt. What kind of multiplayer mode did this game have? It would be great to have a Call of Duty type multiplayer with customizable Genetic Infantrymen and Norts.

SIP

Quote from: The Adventurer on 01 March, 2017, 06:59:30 AM
To be fair Rogue was a previous gen game (PS2/Xbox) and Gears was nextgen (360).

Very true!

Tiplodocus

Yay! Another excuse for me to get a Switch.  I had to get Tiny Tips to complete the Train/Hoppa level for me but did the rest of the game myself. It was great.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Dash Decent

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 28 February, 2017, 11:48:43 PM
I love Rogue Trooper - incredibly playable 3rd person shooter with a compelling story (OBVS). Would love to see it all shiny lookin' and new.

I really enjoyed the game too. Very atmospheric in places and the fact that every Nort trooper looks like every other Nort trooper (and ditto the Southers) worked much better in it's favour than the ranks of similar citizens in Dredd vs Death.

My only real gripe with the game was [spoiler]that it was left open-ended.  All that hard grind and the Traitor General still gets out alive. I suppose they wanted to have something to do in a sequel, but it just made all the slog before it seem pointless.[/spoiler]
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Bolt-01

Jim, i'd forgotten all about that!

I did complete the game on the PS2, and even spent some time working on the multiplayer options with mini-bolt, but for some reason I could never get to grips with the Wii version, and I even got the lightgun accessory to help me pretend I was using Gunnar!