Main Menu

Old size Comic bags

Started by bug@lugs, 15 June, 2017, 06:19:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bug@lugs

Can any squaxx out there put me on to anyone that has old size bags, and can ship to Australia. Some comic supplies dealers find the concept difficult. Grud knows why. Help!
wibble!

Eamonn Clarke

Have you tried ComicJohn? That's who I get my bags from
Might be worth sending him an email

jrcomic@blueyonder.co.uk

inkymonkey

I've tried Comicjohn in the past, but he has replied in the negative.

Ended up buying a bunch when I was in the UK in February...

terryworld

i'm in the same boat, so if anyone comes up with a solution, please shout out, there's a big demand here in Oz for 2k bags, to the point i'm thinking of either contacting a manufacturer, or trying to organize a bulk group buy for a pallet load sent to oz via sea freight. anyone else in for this?

bug@lugs

Tried comic john, after nearly six months of mucking me about he just sent me a refund. I dont know why its so hard to use a post office, but there you go.
wibble!

Tjm86

If Comic John is the fella I'm thinking about, the problem is that he uses couriers rather than the post office.  More to the point he uses one of the more awkward ones that tends to have warehouses in really awkward locations so if you miss them its a real sod to get your parcel.  I found in the end that the only reliable way was using the Argos delivery option and pick them up on my way home.

bug@lugs

Ta very much Eamonn Clarke. Sorted. :D
wibble!

terryworld

hey bugalugs, did you get sorted for bags locally, or use incognito?
i created an account at incognito to check the price but $70 postage is a bit over the top for me.

bug@lugs

Yep. Sorry bud, couldn't find anything local. Went with incognito. One off purchase. If I find anything closer to home for later sizes, i'll post something to let oz collectors know.
wibble!

terryworld

thanks for getting back to me bugalugs, cheers.