Main Menu

Hope for the Future

Started by Rara Avis, 26 July, 2017, 09:46:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fungus

I don't think Adams & Broxton know how to put a foot wrong. Great additions to the prog.

As far as setting, well it's your seedy 40's Hollywood again. As in The Fade-Out. Faith... is great but it's no Fade-Out (yet).

TordelBack

Hope is fresh stylish fun, regardless of any debts it may owe its genre. Looking forward to its return.

norton canes

For reasons I can't remember I hadn't actually got round to reading the first six episodes of Hope. So I caught up with them last night.

Bloody brilliant innit! Looking forward to the new instalments.   

Rara Avis

No Hope in this weeks prog. I'm going to dig out the last few issues and see when it said it was coming back.

In the meantime I'll be listening to songs about waiting...

The Adventurer

I thought Hope was getting good, right when it abruptly ended on a cliffhanger for... 4? 5? month? Hopefully it sticks around to its first run conclusion this time.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Taryn Tailz

Does anyone know the reason for this gap? I don't think I've seen it mentioned anywhere.

Link Prime

Quote from: Taryn Tailz on 31 July, 2017, 12:20:46 AM
Does anyone know the reason for this gap? I don't think I've seen it mentioned anywhere.

Not sure Taryn, but it's a safe guess that there was a delay with the artwork.
I know that Jimmy Broxton currently has a stint on Vampirella, so that could have been the reason.

It'd be great if he sticks around as an Art Droid after the first series of Hope finishes, I'd love to see more of his work on Dredd and Sinister Dexter.

Taryn Tailz

Quote from: Link Prime on 01 August, 2017, 08:21:57 PM
Quote from: Taryn Tailz on 31 July, 2017, 12:20:46 AM

Not sure Taryn, but it's a safe guess that there was a delay with the artwork.
I know that Jimmy Broxton currently has a stint on Vampirella, so that could have been the reason.

It'd be great if he sticks around as an Art Droid after the first series of Hope finishes, I'd love to see more of his work on Dredd and Sinister Dexter.

That was more or less what I'd assumed too. Thank you. :)

Rara Avis

Ok so the bad news is that there's still no Hope in this weeks prog but the good news is that it gave me the opportunity to post this gif...

I, Cosh

Tharg says it's definitely back next week, now that Hunted has finished.
We never really die.

Proudhuff

Mean time if its seedy 40's Hollywood you want try The Fade-Out, no supernatural, elements but cracking tale... and those Black Monday Murders are just peachy too. Both highly recommended...
DDT did a job on me

Rara Avis

I can wait until next week I guess ... I suppose I'l have to  :)

I am following the Black Monday Murders but not weekly so I have to wait for the next trade to come out.