Main Menu

Stop me before I read too much into this...

Started by Colin YNWA, 23 May, 2018, 06:36:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

... but did anyone notice in the latest Thrillmail the logo top left of the 'Sniper Elite' advert... I mean that is the old Battle logo isn't it... isn't it... so do you think we might be seeing a return of the title, even if its as an imprint for some Rebellion stuff...

... I mean I'm not getting carried anyway am I... well I am clearly but UUUHHHH that's intriguing.

I have no interest in Sniper Elite but if any marketing droids want to convince me that by buying this I could add to the possiblity of the comic coming back... well every sale counts right!

pauljholden

Well, I hope to god Keith remembers my email address if there's more to that Battle logo than meets the eye.

-pj

broodblik

Definitely gets my vote for a return. Would love some Johnny Red action.

The Sniper Elite strip gets my vote as well.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: pauljholden on 23 May, 2018, 06:45:20 PM
Well, I hope to god Keith remembers my email address if there's more to that Battle logo than meets the eye.

-pj

Having seen your work on War Stories it would certainly be an easy sell. There's so much potential out there for great stories by great talents like yourself.

Professor Bear

Probably just reviving the branding to slap onto a war-y comic that's likely more come about through the success of the game than the draw power of the very blokey Battle.

But if they announce a Storm Force revival, it is officially time to fuck.

Steve Green

I guess it's just a way to utilise a brand they've obtained.

They could also use it as some kind of grouping brand within the treasury of british comics, and cover any reprint or new material.

Tjm86

I have to be honest, I've not really seen much of Sniper Elite but the ad did pique my interest.  We've seen a bit of a quiet revival of war comics in recent years, perhaps because the writing is taking advantage of a more mature audience.  Titan's Johnny Red was an enjoyable enough read, Ennis' War Stories have lasted well and Titan has had variable success with their Battle reprints.  It was a bit of a shame that Rat Pack and Major Eazy didn't make it past the first respective volumes but Johnny Red seems to have done okay considering it's on vol 5.

It'll be interesting to see what Rebellion do now.  A mix of new material and classic stories as we've seen recently from Titan would be nice.  I'd agree that the current crop of talent gives plenty of scope.  Maybe we'll see a Battle Summer Special along the same lines as the Scream / Misty and Valiant specials to test the water.  Here's hoping.

broodblik

Quote from: Tjm86 on 24 May, 2018, 07:41:57 AM
I have to be honest, I've not really seen much of Sniper Elite but the ad did pique my interest.  We've seen a bit of a quiet revival of war comics in recent years, perhaps because the writing is taking advantage of a more mature audience.  Titan's Johnny Red was an enjoyable enough read, Ennis' War Stories have lasted well and Titan has had variable success with their Battle reprints.  It was a bit of a shame that Rat Pack and Major Eazy didn't make it past the first respective volumes but Johnny Red seems to have done okay considering it's on vol 5.

Yes I really enjoyed Ennis take on Johnny Red and hopefully we can see more original content around some classic Battle strips
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.