Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor Bear

This is my post and I will waste it on a rambling fucking anecdote if I please: so my sister and her kids met a doggo while on holiday.
It would come into their hotel room and beg for food, and though flea-bitten and a bit of a stringy, ragged thing, they warmed to it and blah blah blah gnawed my ear off about this doggo and how they would get drunk with it and it was the highlight of their vacay to the point they didn't want to leave it wandering the streets, so when they came home, they started a drive to get the animal adopted, established a fundraiser of some sort via Facebook and eventually they got enough cash together to send the dog somewhere it would be looked after.  This was their feelgood holiday story and their FB circle natters away about it and I'll cut to the chase they holidayed in Greece and the dog was starving because no-one could afford to give leftovers or scraps to it or any other strays and this was my family of Remain voters' takeaway.

TordelBack

Fair play to them. Mind, I was in Athens long before austerity and the streets were full of underfed strays (pics available on request!), and this wasn't long after the Olympics cull of over 10,000 dogs. So while I remain disgusted by the EU's handling of Greece, I'm not sure dog welfare was particularly high on the agenda even in the days before credible taxation.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Them three-headed dogs they have over there keep eating the normal dogses'es food.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Funt Solo

Quote from: Professor Bear on 05 December, 2018, 09:17:00 PM
... and this was my family of Remain voters' takeaway.

They ate the dog?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

sheridan

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 05 December, 2018, 05:32:44 PM
I see George W welling up during his funeral speech, and I can't help wondering if he ever thinks of the people he bereaved whose family funerals don't get on the telly.
I don't like to see anyone lose a family member, but I also think the current clown in the WH makes us forget what a murderous shitbag the old, non-cuddly non-painting Dubya really was.

What was it, half a million civilians killed in Iraq?  Something like that.

sheridan

Quote from: sheridan on 06 December, 2018, 12:59:57 PM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 05 December, 2018, 05:32:44 PM
I see George W welling up during his funeral speech, and I can't help wondering if he ever thinks of the people he bereaved whose family funerals don't get on the telly.
I don't like to see anyone lose a family member, but I also think the current clown in the WH makes us forget what a murderous shitbag the old, non-cuddly non-painting Dubya really was.
What was it, half a million civilians killed in Iraq?  Something like that.

Deaths in the high 400,000s, though not sure of the breakdown by civilian/military status.

Proudhuff

Nearly a 1000 pages of this.... Care in the Community works!
DDT did a job on me

Hawkmumbler

Dont threads have a 1000 page cap limit? Is this the final countdown?

Dandontdare

If that's true I want to get the last word in!

YOU'RE ALL WRONG!

von Boom

Except that your logic is false.

I, Cosh

Maybe, but there's also an option to set how many posts you see per page. So I'm afraid there's a long way to go!
We never really die.

Funt Solo

At least in an otherwise highly charged political debate, we can all agree on the number of pages.

Oh, wait...
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

IndigoPrime

Let's hope the forum doesn't explode when a thread hits four figures.

sheridan

Quote from: I, Cosh on 06 December, 2018, 05:43:30 PM
Maybe, but there's also an option to set how many posts you see per page. So I'm afraid there's a long way to go!

There is?  Where's  that then?