Main Menu

The Commissions Thread

Started by hippynumber1, 13 July, 2013, 10:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timothy

I think the whole thing took about 18 months.

It never occurred to me that Dredd's big pointy stick for hitting people with could be viewed as Max's brolly, but I must say that I find the apparent ambiguity pleasing.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Timothy on 07 October, 2016, 01:23:58 PM
It never occurred to me that Dredd's big pointy stick for hitting people with could be viewed as Max's brolly, but I must say that I find the apparent ambiguity pleasing.
Ha. It never occurred to me that it was anything other than Max's brolly.
We never really die.

ming

Quote from: I, Cosh on 07 October, 2016, 01:40:26 PM
Quote from: Timothy on 07 October, 2016, 01:23:58 PM
Ha. It never occurred to me that it was anything other than Max's brolly.

Me neither - I thought that was a bit obvious!  A lovely touch...

Dr Feeley Good

Spikes

A lovely commission, and great to see it posted up on here. Always good to see new stuff by the master.

How I miss his blog,  :'(

chiefy2shoes

Thought Bubble swag (plus some other stuff in the Non-2000 ad thread)

Gore Head by Neil Cameron
Slaine by Martin Simmonds
Mugshots - W Simpson, L Etherington, D Hitchcock, C Boyle

Colin YNWA

There is much to love there but that Gorehead - WOW! Loved Neill Cameron's work on Pirates of Pangaea (hope we see more of that!) and would love to see him in the Prog.

Krakajac

Some of you may have seen this on Facebook...

Never thought for a moment I would acquire something like this.  Can't wait to get it framed.

The man himself was a pleasure to communicate with.

Should mention - it's A3 in size.

Backstory - I'm a cop in the Queensland Police Service (Australia).  Have spent time in the radback bringing law to the lawless, so the background is quite apt.  Asked CE to make us both look suitably battle-damaged.

My LBV (load-bearing vest) is quite complicated - I shouldn't be amazed that CE got it almost perfect.

I can die happy now.

Geoff

Fungus

Stunning, Krakajac - thanks for posting!

Spikes

Cracking art from King Carlos, Krakajac - he doesn't disappoint, does he.
Bespoke art from one of the best.

And grand to see these convention mugshots, as well.

Krakajac

Thought I'd post a pic of my Carlos commission framed (see above).

Here's the A3 original...went for a 3D-style mount with a hint of silver.

And here's something a bit different.  I have a friend who's an amateur colourist.  He got his hands on a JPEG of the original - and unbeknownst to me, had a bit of fun.  I think he did a great job - considering he isn't really a fan of Dredd - and had to do some research to see how my uniform looks in colour.  A nice item (A4 size) to accompany the original.

Geoff

Very nice Kracajac.  It's a great feeling when you've got the art framed and it's up on the wall for you to enjoy whenever you want.  Interesting mounting with that silver - really stands out.

And your mate's done a great job with the colouring.

Dr Feeley Good

My commission from Neil McClements arrived yesterday...really pleased with it !

Dandontdare