Main Menu

He's dead Dave. They're all dead! They're. All. Dead. Dave.

Started by judgerussell, 22 April, 2016, 12:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

judgerussell

***Spoiler, if you haven't read Prog 1977***

So, is the big man really dead?
Getting shot was bad enough, but getting blown up too?! Ouch!
Will he step out of the shower in a week or two, saying he had the strangest dream??

Modern Panther

Proudhuff

The strange blue lights before the explosion means only one thing...
DDT did a job on me

Steve Green

Quote from: Modern Panther on 22 April, 2016, 01:13:47 PM
coughsnapshotcough

I have wondered about that, but since it's been years since it appeared, and offers no (that I can remember) drawbacks - it would seem like a really bad plot device that makes concerns about Lie detectors, PSI Division etc pale into insignificance, and also piss off more recent readers who would ask where the fuck that came from...

Satanist

Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

low down dirty drokker

If he's dead, so what! Just clone the c**t, hey presto another 39 years of pretty much the same.

Dreddzilla

Until I hear word from Both Wagner & Rebellion media I'm going to assume it's a elaborate fake out.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Proudhuff on 22 April, 2016, 01:20:30 PM
The strange blue lights before the explosion means only one thing...

Yes angels coming to the H Wagon to collect him on his way to heaven.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dreddzilla on 23 April, 2016, 03:20:44 AM
Until I hear word from Both Wagner & Rebellion media I'm going to assume it's a elaborate fake out.

Funny there doesn't seem to be the same sort of "Hey look at this!" we got with the picture of a male Judge kissing a bloke.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

TordelBack

Well you'd have to admit it's about the only death scene we haven't speculated about here in the past: "the ambulance Dredd's in just sort of blows up". Not even in the top 20.

The very notion that anyone believes or is supposed to believe that this is the actual death of Dredd... No-one in the story even suggests it is, not even Dredd himself! Editorial and PR are silent, it doesn't even get a cover.  It's a dramatic cliffhanger, the start of a mystery even, and it's a good one.

jannerboyuk

It's 2016 so I dunno. It's the year of death after all   :'(

Tjm86