Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bat King

Where I have seen it in Leeds:
OK Comics
WHS
Post OPffice in Yeadon

Good possibility:
Newsagent in Bus Station, they get most of this kind of thing for first 4 or 5 issues.

I've been told Morrisons are stocking it but not been in any to check yet.

I'll go on a wander after 16:00 (working OT at the moment) and check more places in Leeds.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

IndigoPrime

Two in Fleet's Martins. (No idea about WHSmith.) Well, one now, because I bought one, even thought I subbed. I figure I'll send one on to a US comics-loving friend.

Grugz

got mine today in preston!  nice stuff indeed!
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Timothy

Quote from: Bat King on 24 January, 2015, 12:46:59 PM
Where I have seen it in Leeds:
OK Comics
WHS
Post OPffice in Yeadon

Good possibility:
Newsagent in Bus Station, they get most of this kind of thing for first 4 or 5 issues.

I've been told Morrisons are stocking it but not been in any to check yet.

I'll go on a wander after 16:00 (working OT at the moment) and check more places in Leeds.

Pollards at Moortown corner had it on Wednesday.

Colin Zeal

Picked up a copy in local newsagents in Stamford hill in London. Nothing in the morrisons across the road from there though.

Fungus

Quote from: Buttonman on 21 January, 2015, 12:31:49 PM
I had a tour of Paisley - none in Tesco, Morrisons or WH Smiths. Hopefully just delayed by the weather. They did however have piles of partworks including the Falcon, a 3D globe, 3D printer, gem stones and , rather creepily - dead bugs - Crane-flies this week!

Paisley's main/only W H Smith's did carry it, lots on display. But NOT with the other partworks, daftly in a large display of its own at the door. Not the wisest approach, I nearly missed it.

Magnetica

I could n't find it in the WH Smith's I normally buy my Prog and Meg in (Ealing Broadway tube station).

Then looked for at in WH Smith's in Elephant and Castle and London Bridge stations, and a Co-Op and another WHS in Southwark , all with no joy. Was surprised about E&C as they usually have loads of Progs and Megs and a fair selection of other comics (mainly Marvel / DC) but not London Bridge or the other WHS & Co-op as they don't even carry the Prog.

I then ordered nos 1 and 2 directly by phoning the number on the Mega Collection Web site - which was great - no postage and packing.

On my way home on Friday I then checked out the main WH Smiths in Ealing Broadway and couldn't see it where they have the Prog and the Meg and was about to leave when I saw they had it on a separate display on the side. (Which makes me wonder if I just missed it at Elephant and Castle). I then bought it anyway despite having ordered it - I did getting the backing board that way. Think I will give the spare copy to my brother in an attempt to get him back in the fold.

I think I will get my wife to read America. She doesn't like comics or anything si-fi really at all but America is just so good...

I don't think I will buy it regularly as I have every Meg and every Prog from 127 onwards anyway and only buy a really small set of reprints (e.g. I am getting Zenith and the daily Dredd, got the Mek Files hardback for the colour spreads I missed). I will though buy the Pit and Tour of Duty (assuming they cover those).

Bat King

It wouldn't be with the Prog & Meg as it is a Partwork and WHS have a separate are for those.

My walk around Leeds still showed only OK Comics & WHS as stocking them. I saw no sign in Travelling Man or Forbidden Planet. Nothing in Morrisons despite someone telling me they 'might' have it.
Blog

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Satanist

I finally got it in a wee newsagent outside Glasgow Central.

Tried 2 WHS, FP and a few other newsies. It is luverley and Im gonna get my local shop (for local people) to order it in.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Skullmo

The Mega collection replied regarding the spreads and the banned cursed earth episodes -

"I'm afraid that they will still be in black and white and the cursed earth stories you mentioned won't be reprinted in this series.

Hope this helps!"

:'(
It's a joke. I was joking.

robert_ellis

On a similar note when asked if the Dredd / batman / alien crossovers could be included...

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection   26 January 16:06
Hi Rob,

I'm afraid these crossovers won't be in this collection.

Thank you.

IndigoPrime

No surprises there—that'd be a licensing nightmare. It'll be interesting to see whether the Aliens one makes it into the Case Files.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Skullmo

Found it at the Smiths in Waterloo - they have loads of them.

It's a joke. I was joking.

Bat King

Interest in this has been very high on my Blog.

The first article I wrote about it, 11th December 2014, it has reached 8th in my ALL time most read articles. It has knocked my Spoilers review of Judge Minty down a slot. NOTHING from 2014 is above it. I(n gact the 'newest' article above it is from June 2013.

That's a HUGE jump for a pretty recent article. Things creep up towards that top 10.

Oh and it is 5th on my Clicks OUT of my Blog. Clicks out are rarer obviously so less of a surprise actually.
Blog

Twitter
@chiropterarex