Main Menu

ABC Warriors - animation trailer...

Started by Goaty, 02 October, 2009, 05:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul faplad Finch

Quote from: TheEdge on 06 October, 2009, 09:22:02 AM
Is this for teh kiddies or is gonna be sdult style ( adult swim)

I don't think they need to be mutually exclusive. I'd be hoping for something of the tone of DCs stuff like Batman:Animated, Batman Beyond and Justice League.  Suitable for the kiddies but intelligently written and with plenty to enjoy for the growed ups. Hell, I had absolutely no interest in Superhero comics but I loved those shows cos they were just well written telly.

Just a shame about The Brave and the Bold, thats all.

If this show can walk the same fine line I reckon we'll be onto a winner. This from someone who has never really considered The Warriors as particular favourites.
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: faplad on 06 October, 2009, 10:51:28 AM

I don't think they need to be mutually exclusive. I'd be hoping for something of the tone of DCs stuff like Batman:Animated, Batman Beyond and Justice League.  Suitable for the kiddies but intelligently written and with plenty to enjoy for the growed ups.

Damn straight. One of the few things DC has done well in recent years is develop (or allow someone who knows what they're doing to develop) the animated versions of their properties.

Justice League was required viewing in our house when it was on at Friday tea-time on Cartoon Network a couple of years ago.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Colin YNWA

I think 'Brave and the Bold' gets the template about right, shame its disappeared from our screens. The problem as has been stated before is if they aiming at that type of market, what comic is there to attract the kids to, if that is one of its aims?

Paul faplad Finch

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 06 October, 2009, 11:50:31 AM
I think 'Brave and the Bold' gets the template about right, shame its disappeared from our screens. The problem as has been stated before is if they aiming at that type of market, what comic is there to attract the kids to, if that is one of its aims?

I know what you mean. I took my nephew to FP for the first time recently and he got all excited by the sight of all those books with characters he recognised on the cover. Trouble was, a quick flick through them and he lost interest. Sad fact is, even if he had found something he liked the look of you run the risk of "is it suitable?" I tend to be quite broad in terms of what I would let kids read but I'm not his Dad and I reckon a lot of whats on the shelf these days wouldn't go down to well with the majority of parents.
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

Mike Gloady

I'm putting my vote firmly in the "kids cartoon that's done well enough so mum and dad can sit and enjoy it WITH the kids" box.  There's not a lot of stuff that's both suitable for kids AND intelligently written and DCs cartoon output of recent years has usually been bang on in that department. 

If the cartoon is successful enough we may find that Twoth can justify a kid's comic to stand beside Twoth and the Meg and I, for one, would welcome that.  There was a time I bought superhero comics (I know, I'm surprised too) and the only one I bothered with was the excellent Batman & Robin Adventures, beautifully done stuff and my neices and nephews could read it too. 
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Jared Katooie

I'm not a fan of the A.B.C Warriors, but that was an awesome trailer.

Bolt-01

Hoagy

I was just reading PJ Holden's thread about kid friendly and it hit me what is so jarring about Hammersteins big gun.

Not a creative thing but a philosophical jarring. See, knowing the Hammerstein design its always been secure that he was built as a war bot without the choice of being tooled up with weaponary. So there in lies a nice anthropological despot for understanding his nature. Whereas, in the trailer he's chosen to tool up some more. You get me? He chose to handle some killing machinery. And, well it makes me feel uncomfortable in its immediate message. It seemed a bit pointless. He's got those unique qualities and its wasted on picking up some nondescript gun. Anyone can pick up a gun.

By all means use the fist gun, its incorporated into his psyche from the word go. Handling overkill is much more Mek Quake's arena.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Richmond Clements

What's the problem with the big gun?
He's always carried a stupidly big gun. I imagune that this is becasue his super strong robot arms can lift heavier weapons than puny human ones.
Plus, this being robots fighting robots, they can go to town on violence and still keep it in a child friendly zone.

HdE

Hell yeah! Big guns are the heart and soul of ABC Warriors!

For me, anyway.

BIG JOBS!
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Skullgrin140

Please let this mean theres going to be a game of ABC Warriors! This trailer had me smiling all the way through ;D

HdE

If some enterprising sould spent some time, care and attention over an ABC Warrirors game, I'd buy it. And I'm really not the gaming type.

Imagine how cool it would be to lay waste to the villainous scum of the universe as one of Meknificent Seven. Especially if we get to hear Mek Quake's roar of 'BIG JOBS!' at every turn. 

Mike Gloady

ONE would be nice.

ALL SEVEN would be amazing. 

And maybe the likes of Happy Shrapnel, Ro-Jaws etc as unlockable characters?

COME ON THARG!!!!

HdE

Say, whatever happened to Ro-Jaws? He's been conspicuously absent from the last few ABC trades...

Mike Gloady

I wrote to Thargikins some time ago about this and recieved a cryptic "keep watching the progs" - hopefully he'll show up again soon.

Given the brain power required to clean sewers being less than that of a Mark III War Droid, this appearance might even be in Savage.