Main Menu

ABC Warriors - animation trailer...

Started by Goaty, 02 October, 2009, 05:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

I think you are teasing us King Trout but anyway, left to right...
Deadlock, Joe, Hammerstein, Mongrol, Blackblood, Mek-Quake & Morrigun.
Now admit it, you knew that anyway!!!!

Trout

Er, no. I wasn't. I couldn't tell if it was Pineapples, and I missed much of the comics that Morrigun appeared in. I've since bought them, but just skimmed that stuff, I must admit.

Anyway, cool trailer! Thanks for the help, CF.

COMMANDO FORCES

I wonder where Happy Shrapnel & Steelhorn are!!!

ThryllSeekyr

Quoting RadBacker....

a game to coincide with the new series would be cool.  WHat sort of game would you make ofit though?  Squad based First Person or better yet Isometric turned based fun (X-Com styles).

End of Quote

I was thinking of something like the team based  Throne Of Darkness which is based on  something like the Seven Samurai film.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Throne_of_Darkness

Of course, it might a require a few changes other than the most obvious ones.

Mike Gloady

Steelhorn? Hopefully he's nowhere. Such a dull non-character. In the first series he was a living weapon with no character. Since his return he's just a cypher for Medusa. At least Happy Shrapnel had a character and a clear archetype to represent. Even if nobody quite knows how a robot can have a beard.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

HdE

That puts me in mind of Morrigun. I thought she had massive potential as a keeper for the team.

I'm hoping we haven't seen the last of her. I loved the whole thing Pat Mills did with her and Mongrol in Hellbringer. One of a few moments in comics that have made me shed tears of laughter!
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Mike Gloady

Her comparitively meaningless death sort of funstered that up though. 

Although Steelhorn was supposedly gone forever and HE came back.  When Mills remembers that Morrigun was the best 7th warrior, we'll cheer quietly so he doesn't feel quite so daft for killing her off to bring back a character nobody cared about.

HdE

I dunno... I kinda figured the way she appeared for the last time, as a ghostly apparition, might leave the way open for a return one day. I wouldn't put it past The Man Mills.

Steelhorn, I'm not so sure about - I kinda like him. I like how Clint Langley rendered him for The Volgan War.

Trout

Wouldn't it be great if there was a cartoon where the ABC Warriors met Charlie?

I'd take Big George as as second choice, though.

- Trout

COMMANDO FORCES

I don't know if anyone has actually confirmed if this is for a game or tv series on the thread as of now but having just read Jason Kingsley's facebook update, he has written.

"Early work on TV show..."

Mike Gloady

Yeah, it was announced in the first place as a tv show and that confirms it.

COMMANDO FORCES

I know they said they were going to reveal something at BICS to do with the tv a while back but it's good to get confirmation, like you said Mike.
The worst bit is the word 'early', how long will we have to wait?

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 05 October, 2009, 03:52:27 PM
I know they said they were going to reveal something at BICS to do with the tv a while back but it's good to get confirmation, like you said Mike.
The worst bit is the word 'early', how long will we have to wait?

It had better not to be TOO long- my boys are literally jumping up and down with excitement, and talking about nothing else. They think "Joe Pineapples" is a hilarious name and keep asking me about action figures. Eldest is playing ABC Warriors in the playground with his friends...

SBT

HdE

That's really cool, SBT!

I remember buying the Khronicles Of Khaos trade a while back after getting back into comics. I always had fond memories of the ABC Warriors, but missed a giant chunk of the story (everything after 'The Black Hole' in fact).

Well, for about the next fortnight, anybody who sked me if I'd read any good books got a lecture on the ABC Warriors. I think I may even have switched a few people onto it who'd never read a graphic novel / comic book otherwise.

They're absolutely fantastic characters - a TV show is long overdue. Heck, I hope it doesn't stop there! I want a movie!

BIG JOBS!

TheEdge

Is this for teh kiddies or is gonna be sdult style ( adult swim)
"Save Trees, Eat Beavers"
"Animal Rights: Animals have the right to be tasty"