Main Menu

Subscriber problems?

Started by ming, 22 January, 2013, 10:44:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming

Hey folks.  Have any subscribers (overseas or otherwise) had an unusual number of missing Progs lately, or is it just me?  I've been subbing for years and no-show Progs have been a rare event, usually one a year or less.  However, the end of last year (and start of this year) has seen an annoying number of AWOL Progs... 1800, 1808, 1811 and now 1814.

It's not a major problem - the lovely Denise fixes things in the blink of an eye - but a minor irritation when I have to put off reading things like Trifecta until missing Progs turn up.  Anyway, I was just curious whether this has been a widespread problem or just a Norwegian postal glitch...

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

IndigoPrime

I had a blip a few months bad, but of late the Prog's been arriving regularly.

Hawkmumbler

Mine has been working wonderes the last few weeks. :D
About blood time.

Fisticuffs

No problems here, this weeks was the first late one, which considering the weather is no surprise at all. Sounds like your local sorting office needs a kick up the rear end.

ming

Denise reported some problems affecting UK and Euro subscribers for 1811, and I think one of my Progs got returned (a first for me) so it's probably a combination of factors.  I have Progs 1815 and 1816, just waiting for 1814 so I can read 'em!

Bolt-01

In a very rare situation I've yet to get 1816, but it could be weather related so I'll hold off contacting Denise till weekend.

Dandontdare

mine has ben totally random for the last 6 months or so - about 1 in 6 arrive on saturday, others can come any day of the week, often after it's in the shops. 1814 arrived four days after 1815! last two weeks have been Saturdays though. I don't think this is Rebellion but our local posties' fault as other mail has ben equally erratic.

radiator

I only ever seem to have problems with the prog when there's a really exciting Dredd strip running and I can't wait for the next installment.

hippynumber1

My subscription has been awful lately, in the last 5 weeks I think only one has arrived on the Saturday it should and the weekend when both Prog and Meg are due is ridiculous - last month the Prog arrived but not the Meg, this month the opposite was true. It's like the printers can't quite get their heads around the fact that they have to put both in the bag! Like Ming says, Denise always sorts it but it is getting ridiculous...

Dandontdare

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 23 January, 2013, 05:29:02 PMIt's like the printers can't quite get their heads around the fact that they have to put both in the bag!

they are bagged separately, but as I mentioned I think a lot of these problems are down to the postal service rather than the publishers.

hippynumber1

Quote from: Dandontdare on 23 January, 2013, 05:56:22 PM
Quote from: hippynumber1 on 23 January, 2013, 05:29:02 PMIt's like the printers can't quite get their heads around the fact that they have to put both in the bag!

they are bagged separately, but as I mentioned I think a lot of these problems are down to the postal service rather than the publishers.

My postie is a superstar! I suppose they could be going astray before he gets hold of them... I have had both prog and meg arrive in the same bag

blixab

No problems with me - this weeks arrived today but then again not had any other post since last Friday (think the posties have been instructed not to deliver for H&S reasons as too sloppy)

sheldipez

Quote from: blixab on 23 January, 2013, 06:57:43 PM
No problems with me - this weeks arrived today but then again not had any other post since last Friday (think the posties have been instructed not to deliver for H&S reasons as too sloppy)

The snow around my end is mental (we can't get the car out of the street) and the posties are still delivering. Bless 'em.

moly

Normally fine but I only live down the road from Maldon this weeks was late due to the snow