Main Menu

Who drew the definitive Slaine:

Started by PeterWolf, 24 September, 2007, 04:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. R. Logan

QuoteThanks Tordelback - yes did forget to mention Mick McMahon.  Funny as a I recently read The Last American (McMahon right?) and I liked the art but I am not a massive fan of Slaine's Sky Chariots ... maybe I prefer his art in colour, or it just evolved?

Now I know you're a spambot with no ability if independent thought or action.
Sky Chariots is simply the best artwork ever to appear in the Prog!

Alski

Personally, I think Clint Langley breathed new life into Slaine, and for me the Books Of Invasions are a joy to behold.

McMahon was messy, but then my dislike for him is well documented. Bellardinelli was a superb artist, but I don't think he really worked on Slaine, better with mad alien stuff where he could be more creative.

I liked Fabrey's Slaine a lot, although I felt the stories were poor.

Bisley gets a lot of attention, and to be fair it could be magnificent at times and sloppy at others.
"Cool Stuff You Will Like"

Music, Comics, Books, Video Games, TV and Film reviews/articles.

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/

Davek

Quote from: Alski on 05 January, 2012, 10:00:25 AM
McMahon was messy,

That was my issue with Sky Chariots.  FOund some of it hard to make out.  I have the original collected version - I have read that the more recent printing is not as clear so I dread to think what that looks like  :o

Quote from: TordelBack on 04 January, 2012, 05:49:39 PM
[  As noted in many places, I think his Time Monster painting that graces the cover of the Warrior's Dawn TPB is the finest single image 2000AD has ever caused to be published.

There is something amazing about that cover.  Have it on the TPB and a Best of 2000AD.