Main Menu

My KickStarter HEEELLP!!!

Started by CYCLOPZ, 03 July, 2014, 10:27:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CYCLOPZ

I've been away from the boards for quite a while so Please Forgive Me, I've been occupied with a few things, including trying to get this project of mine underway. Its a short sci-fi action film I've been planning with a friend of mine based on the style of 70's/80's John Carpenter, Ridley Scott, Kubrick films.
That era of film making made a huge impression on me, along with the Star Wars movies and of course 2000ad.

2000Ad made the biggest impression on myself as a child; the stories were as big and epic as any I had seen in a movie, and yet they were more relatable scarier and funnier to me growing up in 80's London. I had been waiting for a Judge Dredd movie my entire life and seeing the first movie which came out in 1995 was a seminal experience for me.

Apart from the obvious moments in the first few minutes which were like a Dredd-Head's wet dream, that film was quite a shock to the system. Needless to say I was somewhat dumbfounded, and the first few steps I took across the road afterwards could have been the end of me, because I was oblivious to the traffic which had to swerve to avoid this kid who apparently didn't know his green-cross-code. It was seminal because up until that point I had always dreamed of becoming a 2000ad artist, from that moment on I vowed to become a director so I could make that Judge Dredd film Properly!!

Of course the time came of course when it was done properly in 2012, I was literally blown away with what Alex Garland et al had achieved and was privileged to have seen it with you guys from the boards, Wagner, Ezquerra, Alex and Karl at that first London screening.
For the second time in my life Dredd had inspired me, so I've been writing scripts and planning films ever since!!

So here I am, ready to go, but I have to cross this final hurdle, to make my budget of £10,000.

From me to my fellow Squaxx dek Thargo please take a moment to support or share. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/idiscyple/viewpoint

Dean

Skullmo

KIXA looks great!

Good luck with the project! :D
It's a joke. I was joking.

The Doctor Alt 8

Ok, how much do I have to bribe you for a part.?

I may not be a professional actress but I am professional in my attitude and an experienced amateur.  Give me a chance.  I doubt that you would regret it...

CYCLOPZ

@Skullmo Thanks we're really enthusiastic about the whole thing! and we are taking an original approach to the film that we havent fully disclosed in our vid but we know viewers will enjoy  :)

@The Doctor Alt 8 Could well be persuaded, there are small parts available, we're not usually into bribes but on this occasion..   

This is truly a 2000ad style affair so you guys are our audience!

CYCLOPZ

Well we re-shot our video so to those who'd like to have a closer look at the project its all here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/idiscyple/viewpoint

There's still time to share or donate to receive some lovely rewards!