Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerrin

Thoughts are with you James and Worldshown. I've been having a shit time of it recently but that puts it in perspective, best wishes.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Van Dom on 23 December, 2009, 12:10:42 PM
Quote from: Peter Wolf on 22 December, 2009, 05:04:09 PM
I have got Henry back into active service so no worries now but i feel a little stupid posting about that when i read about others workplaces and businesses closing down and other things on this thread.

Don't feel stupid, hoovers are very important this time of year, what with christmas tree bristles and cake crumbs going everywhere! Good ol' Henry eh!

Henry is 7 or 8 years old and still going strong and he has been used for building work and has fallen down stairs and everything else.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Noisybast

Quote from: vzzbux on 21 December, 2009, 08:38:39 PM
Nah install for Virgin Media. Fucking clowns.

Ha ha! Half right, then. I used to work for them (well, Telewest, at any rate) in their Liverpool call centre. Dreadful company...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

vzzbux

Don't understand my company. First they are trying to sack me now they are telling me that I have a pleasant surprise waiting for me tomorrow. Probably an extra 2 jobs on top of my workload which is a full days work on Chrimbo eve.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

TordelBack

Nah Vzzbux, I reckon they've booked you into a special Christmas spa where you'll be bathed in brandy butter by Santa Kylie lookalikes while watching The Great Escape on 3D Imax. 

House of Usher

I reckon they're going to present you with a framed printout of your recent 2000ad message board posts!  ;)
STRIKE !!!

vzzbux

Not for this thread but to continue on.
I received a £100 bonus for reaching my targets this month for modem and digi activations. And an early finish.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

TordelBack

Wow, spend it wisely and that could be 15-20 Star Wars figures (the hard currency of geekdom)!  Well done that man, clearly your five forward gears and three reverse gears were working!  (Although personally I'd have preferred the Santa Kylies).

House of Usher

Once upon a time in 1990, I was offered a Christmas bonus of £150 (two weeks' wages for every employee!) just for working one year part time in a stationer's shop, but I was unable to pick it up because I had to leave the job in October to go to university. Needless to say it was the best Christmas bonus I ever came within sniffing distance of.
STRIKE !!!

Jim_Campbell

... Because I just found out my neighbour's dog -- George -- died yesterday. A big, daft Old English Sheepdog, George was a beast of boundless good humour and charm, and your day couldn't help but be brightened by an encounter with him. I shall miss him terribly and remember him fondly.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

COMMANDO FORCES

Roger Godpleton

SUSAN SARANDON AND TIM ROBBINS HAVE SPLIT I MAY JUST CRY.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

COMMANDO FORCES

Mike Gloady

I have a list.

Because my mate Jim's cat, Button, was run over a few days ago.

Because Chrimbo morning cartoons are apparently shite this morning.

Because I've got the winning combination of clinical depression (exacerbated by recent bereavement) and that perenial favourite IBS.  Resulting in a massively disturbed night's sleep and genuine fear that I'd mess the bed.  Whoop.  Nothing like it to make you feel like you want to get out there and see the family.

Because I'm alone in a house that'll be sold in a few months which I and my brother grew up in, and I'm remembering last Christmas Day - which consisted of cooking a Christmas dinner, taking it upstairs to my sick mother, presenting it, seeing a weak smile and watching her sleep.  She'd be in hospital the next day and not out of it much after (and almost never out of bed).

Because I have bugger all money and couldn't afford much in the way of presents for my brother's four kids.

Because, the way I'm feeling (physically and mentally) I don't want to go to my brother's brother-in-law's house because I'll kill everyone's buzz, curled up quietly in the corner. 

Because I just want the whole fucking thing, new year included, to be over. 

I've not even started, but that's enough.  Sorry to drag everyone down.  All good reasons to stay at home and not talk to a soul.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Roger Godpleton

Hope my home run cheers you up.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!