Main Menu

league of gentlemen's apocalypse?

Started by Tu-plang, 21 June, 2005, 02:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tu-plang

I'm sorry, did this make it to cinemas yet?  I haven't heard much about it and I'm really looking forward to it after that trailer.

starscape

If you're not a fan of the series, the film will make absolutely no sense to you.  Thought it was good fun but not the most amazing film I'd ever seen.  Recommended but not 'to die for'!

Demon Chicken

it's watchable in a strange way, especially the giraffe bit.  I just get the feeling that they're using the film as some sort of closure to say, "We're finished with Royston Vasey", could be interesting to see what they come up with next.

paulvonscott

Funnily enough, I was really going to go, but haven't and have lost the enthusiasm.  The same with fans I know.  As Gordon says, TV shows made into films rarely work.  A bit like Shaun of the Dead, I think all the time and effort of movies could be better spent on another TV series, but there you go.

Plus once I heard the plot (mild spoiler....)

The characters know they aren't been written for anymore, so leave the outside world to find them.  Dear me, a movie, a tired idea, and a suspicion of titanic ego.  It sounds awful, but I'm sure it'll have it's moments.

Byron Virgo

The actual idea's quite sound, but you get the impression that it would have worked better if no-one knew the characters from the television series, giving them a bit more leeway to explore the idea more fully.

It's fun, and you'll probably enjoy it if you liked the series, but you get the impression that it's a bit of a mish mash of different ideas, and it never quite all gells together.

starscape

But it's got Geoff as a main character and he's fantastic ('oh yeah, turn it off when I come on').  Unfortunately, Herr Flick is also in it a lot :(

House of Usher

STRIKE !!!