Main Menu

Buying online

Started by Tu-plang, 05 November, 2006, 07:11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tu-plang

I've recently been buying a few of the Rebellion GNs online, through Amazon.co.uk.

They were doing fine to start with, the first several orders being delivered in good time.  The last one I got was Brothers of the Blood, which took almost two months to arrive, so I tried Forbidden Planet - three weeks after I ordered DR & Quinch and Tsar Wars v1, I've heard nothing past the initial order acceptance email.

So what I'm after is somewhere reasonably priced, reliable and communicative and willing to ship to Oz for my thrill supplies.  Can anyone help?

Emperor

The trick is to check the availability. I have found on Amazon when it says it may take months that they don't really know when they'll get it and 4-6 months basically means "out of print and we've no idea when we'll get it" (and it means they'll probably keep you hanging around for months - I still have at least one order from May they still haven't actually cancelled).

The trade you mention is listed as being in stock and so should get shipped within days. I suppose the problem is the vagaries of international shipping - I have had things sent to Oz and sometimes they turn up pretty quickly and sometimes they appear to go via  Alaska (probably).

Folks like Ace Comics have a good stock and ship overseas.

However, is there no one closer to home that can keep you supllied with your goodies?

Link: http://www.acecomics.co.uk/" target="_blank">Ace Comics

if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

the3rdman

I've used Amazon loads and a lot of the time they can be slow. Sometimes things in stock will take a couple of weeks to arrive.

Try play.com. they have been quick recently. I got a walking dead tpb 2 days after ordering it online.

Rob Spalding

Of course you could just buy the Rebellion books from the Future Shop :P

Tu-plang

Thanks everyone.

Whats the Future Shop like then, is it reliable? And do they still have that subscriber discount?

Bolt-01

Bit of a necro-hijack.

I want to get the new Grendel series as comics, but I'm never in a position to actually visit a comic shop.

Where can you good folks advise me to get this series from? I looked at the ACE link above but couldn't find anything that helped.

Bolt-01http://images.darkhorse.com/covers/300/13/13605.jpg">

Rob Spalding

I'd recommend finding the nearest comic shop via the phonebook and asking if they do mail order.

David's Comics in Brighton will do it, not close to you I know, but you can post stuff anywhere.