Started by Eamonn Clarke, 23 May, 2016, 08:59:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 21 January, 2018, 11:03:09 AM
Chris still has grail pages.
Two of them are from 2000AD.
Listen in
;)

I'll take a wild stab in the dark for one of them ;-)

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Spikes

Eamonn Clarke

It's time for the exploits of Harry Harrison's Stainless Steel Rat in the pages of the galaxy's greatest comic. Jake Ebeling is my guest to chat about Kelvin Gosnell and Carlos Ezquerra's classic adaptation.

Listen in

http://megacitybookclub.blogspot.co.uk/2018/02/58-stainless-steel-rat.html

SpaceSpinner2000

Cheers for the mention! This was a great episode, I read the SSR books when I was a kid and I've always loved the 2000AD adaptions, great stuff. From the episode, Harry Harrison's letter to the Nerve Center was in Prog 148, I'd attached a screenshot below. Splundig Vur Thrigg!

2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

Eamonn Clarke

Cheers, Conrad. Nice to see Tharg helping out struggling authors with £3!

Here is Jake's grail page, the glorious wraparound cover to 393

McGurk76

AlexF

Hey Eamonn, now that your some years into the podcast, and have covered an astonishing amount of ground, I wonder if you'd considered doing a 'top 10' episode, where you get your contributors / listeners to submit their top 10s lists of 2000AD books, so we can identify a Book Club approved 'best of 2000AD' breakdown..?

Something to save up for episode 100 maybe!

Eamonn Clarke

Quote from: AlexF on 05 February, 2018, 03:49:57 PM
Hey Eamonn, now that your some years into the podcast, and have covered an astonishing amount of ground, I wonder if you'd considered doing a 'top 10' episode, where you get your contributors / listeners to submit their top 10s lists of 2000AD books, so we can identify a Book Club approved 'best of 2000AD' breakdown..?

Something to save up for episode 100 maybe!
Excellent idea, Alex

Eamonn Clarke

Brian Walsh from Dublin's fair city takes me and the Rogue Trooper to a very different city, Cinnabar by John Smith, Steve Dillon and Kev Walker. Is it the best Nu-Earth story yet? Listen in and let us know.

http://megacitybookclub.blogspot.co.uk/2018/02/59-cinnabar.html

JayzusB.Christ

Who's that bog-Irish mucksavage putting on a Dublin accent? Don't recognise the voice at all 😃
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Eamonn Clarke

He's got a touch of the blarney about him, that's for sure.  :lol:

And here is Brian's grail page, or the non spoiler-ish one anyway.

Eamonn Clarke

It's Z-day in the book club as Mr Joshy and myself crack open the first volume of Zombo's adventures from Mr Flint and Mr Ewing. We avoid all the big spoilers and have a rollicking good time along the way.

Listen in
http://megacitybookclub.blogspot.co.uk/2018/03/60-zombo_4.html