Main Menu

Android app issues

Started by mrketch, 17 June, 2015, 07:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrketch

Anyone having issues with the Android app? Like it saying you're not subscribed when you are? Or failing to log in.

Rog69

I had those issues pretty much every week up until the latest version, have you updated it recently?

The most recent version has been pretty solid for me.

mrketch

Yes I've tried everything. Reinstalled on both phone and tablet but same problem on both. Considering going back to ipad.

Mardroid

When I installed the latest version on my Kindle HDX tablet yesterday* it seemed to install with no problems. But when I run it, it attempts to download stuff from Google gets half way through (as in the download  bar reaches the half way mark) then it does nothing.

I wonder if it's due to the Kindle being an Amazon device.

That prevents me from installing it directly from Google, sure, but I have a work-arround which gets it on to the device. Once installed it would allow me to download comics fine although I would have to pay for them elsewhere.

The previous version worked okay though. I used to have issue with it resetting to an earlier page of the current comic or not remembering where I was when I leave the app for a bit but that somehow rectified.

* I know it's been out for a while now. I delayed due to the rigmarole involved installing it on an 'inpure' android device.

Pyroxian

Quote from: Mardroid on 18 June, 2015, 01:30:06 PM
I wonder if it's due to the Kindle being an Amazon device.

Yeah - looks like the app needs to download IAP data from Google Play before it will start, so it just gets... stuck.

Mardroid

Hmm. I still have the package file for an older version of the application so maybe I'll just reinstall that and stick with it.

Last time I did that the last prog appeared as unavailable despite my being logged in. Hopefully that's rectified now especially as I've downloaded it to my phone (a pure android device) but we'll see.

Phone's not that great for reading comics although it's better than nothing.