Main Menu

Judge Dredd' film Sunday BBC1 10.55pm

Started by Marbles, 16 November, 2002, 07:46:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marbles

Another chance to see Sly shout ' I am dah lough !!!!'
Remember - dry hair is for squids

Leigh S

And "Damnation Alley" is on tonight - BBC1 at 1.05 I thnk - see the "inspiration" behind the Cursed Earth!

karne

paulvonscott

Noticed that in the papers watcher, I like my post apocalypse fiction, so if I can remmber I'll give it a watch.

Quirkafleeg

If we are talking about next week's telly, the bearded wonder himself, Alan Moore, is apparently appearing as a talking-head in Best Ever Bond, Fri, ITV, 9:00.

Do you think the researcher made a bit of cock-up when they were asked to get hold of the third Bond?

"I think he's trying for re-entry...","No it's just the right size","Just keeping the British end up" etc etc

judge dreddd

FAB - was going to order the vid from amazon, now i can tape it.

radio times give it 4 out of 5

bit late for 12-15 boys-2000ads target market( ?)

wicked,judge lives forever !

Bolt-01

Am I right in remembering that it was a 15 cert? I can't be bothered checking myself, sorry.

I enjoyed the film despite Stallone, Fergee being Deuce Bigalow, and the hokey plot. I thought the Angels were reasonable and mean machine and the ABC droid rocked!

Dave6795

Devons Daddy

bit late for 12-15 boys-2000ads target market( ?)

that means 99% of us here are out of the target market then.
though the film sucks, its still great to see the title judge dredd. and all it stands for.
poor story but great locations. background. uniforms, and format.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

paulvonscott

Hey, I really enjoyed Damnation Alley, a pretty good movie apart from an abrupt end.  Definitely had a Cursed Earth vibe about it.  Scary start was good.  Makes me feel better about all those shit 80's postapoacalypse movies that went straight to video.  You can keep your adventures in the forbidden zone mate.  Anyway, nice movie overall, but then I'm always hungry for some decent science fiction.

Oh, and remind me never to visit Salt Lake City.

DavidXBrunt

paulvonscott

Cheers Dave, I was just about to book the tickets, close call.

Jared Katooie

"Ahhh Ummmm.....  Duh luhhhhh! ......Drop yur weppons nowww........... This is yur final warning....."

Still he pushed for a more accurate costume.

And mean was very good.

Shame about everything else really. Dredd dumping his helmet? God....

However it does remain a testament to the quality of Dredd that hollywood felt his story good enough to (attempt) to portray on the big screen.

J Kat.

2000AD Online

Quirkafleeg

2000AD Online