Main Menu

New Johnny Red series!?!

Started by Tombo, 07 September, 2015, 11:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tombo

Coming November from Titan, written by a certain Mr Ennis with art by Keith Page - Link.  Anyone else heard anything about this?

Colin YNWA

Yeah its been doing the rounds for a while, I believe an 8 issue mini-series. There was a little art in the Titan books a wee while ago. Suffice to say can't wait.

Also seems to have sparred Titan on to continue its reprint of the Battle material - WAYHEY volume 4 out soon.

Tjm86

already added to subs.  Still trying to find volume 4.  Despite a recent CBR review no one seems to have it listed to order  :( .(unless you count the character on Amazon that wants £999 for it!)

Colin YNWA

Showing on Titans' website as due 20th October (volume 4 that is)

Hawkmumbler

One of my most anticipated series of the year. Who is it on art duties though, I saw some sample pages awhile ago and they looked the mutts nuts.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 08 September, 2015, 10:30:26 AM
One of my most anticipated series of the year. Who is it on art duties though, I saw some sample pages awhile ago and they looked the mutts nuts.

Keith Burns, who's a perfect fit for the project.

<PIMP>I worked on Keith's earlier Reincar(Nate) project (written by Michael Moreci) which Heavy Metal are reprinting sometime soon.</PIMP>

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Proudhuff

he is good isn't he? looking forward to this, give us a heads up when its out in case I miss it please!
DDT did a job on me

Tjm86

Albion

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Colin YNWA

Even though there's precious little content this trailer I found over at The Beat got me all sorts of excited.

http://www.comicsbeat.com/check-out-this-trailer-for-new-garth-ennis-series-johnny-red/

The art looks FANTASTIC!

Colin YNWA

von Boom

Jim_Campbell

Can't believe they knocked me back for the lettering. Grumblegrumble...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Citi-Def_Joe

ooh that does look nice, am I right in thinkings Garth Ennis  hasn't worked on Johnny Red previously?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Citi-Def_Joe on 23 October, 2015, 10:07:03 AM
ooh that does look nice, am I right in thinkings Garth Ennis  hasn't worked on Johnny Red previously?

Not that I'm aware of. He wasn't working professionally when Battle was coming out so I doubt he's had the opportunity before.