Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullmo

Quote from: Greg M. on 15 March, 2013, 07:14:09 PM
Cool page, David - Cam is such a master of the action sequence. Yeah, Rufus has a complete episode of 'All Hell On The Dix-I Front' for £1800 - a little steep (even for four pages) but admittedly not the steepest piece on his books given that particular story is one of the highpoints of 'Rogue Trooper'.

Fort Neuro is my favourite :D
It's a joke. I was joking.

Skullmo

There has not been much action here for a little while so I thought I would post this - it's nott he best photo, but a great cover! (The piece of paper at the bottom is covering my dedication  :P)

Spikes

Very nice - and different from the published cover. This is quite a haul of Carlos' goodies, that you've got  :thumbsup:

Link Prime

I meant to comment on that Durham Red piece too Jacob- lovely stuff.

BLASPHEME MODE ON; I actually prefer Mark Harrison's take on her though!  ;)

Spikes

Carlos does draw a mean cleavage..

Frank

Quote from: Judge Jack on 25 March, 2013, 02:20:28 PM
Carlos does draw a mean cleavage..

Yep. Interesting to note the similarities and the differences between Red's first and last appearances:

opaque

Wasn't Durham really quite young when first shown?
She obviously filled out a bit. I do prefer the original art though.

Greg M.

Isn't the more recent cover from an earlier stage in Red's career though? So she's younger in the more cleavage-y of the two. Her face certainly looks younger.

Frank

Quote from: Greg M. on 25 March, 2013, 06:51:17 PM
Isn't the more recent cover from an earlier stage in Red's career though? So she's younger in the more cleavage-y of the two. Her face certainly looks younger.

Aye, and her body language is more lairy too. I assumed Carlos was deliberately echoing the pose of the earlier image, where she looks more poised and womanly, to highlight the fact that this was a rougher, younger version of the character.

Skullmo

Yes - and she must have had a boob reduction, before later in her career, in the Mark Harrison era, she got the boobs increased again and had facial reconstructive surgery to look like a heroine (classic movie star) Angelina Jolie!  :P

Skullmo

Quote from: Judge Jack on 25 March, 2013, 02:05:26 PM
Very nice - and different from the published cover. This is quite a haul of Carlos' goodies, that you've got  :thumbsup:

It was just the 3 covers I got - I have just been drip feeding them to you! I did not want anyone to have a thrillpower overload!

Skullmo

Link Prime

I put a max bid of £120 on that Biz Hellblazer page, but lost out in the last few minutes.
Ah well...

I put that pocket-burning cash to good use though...just secured a package deal with Dale for some very interesting pieces (including some very obscure Paul Marshall Tyranny Rex pages that will make Greg M want to put a hit out on my worthless carcass!)  ;)

By the way...the asking price for that Liefeld is ludicrous, but I've no doubt it'll sell.

Greg M.

QuoteI put that pocket-burning cash to good use though...just secured a package deal with Dale for some very interesting pieces (including some very obscure Paul Marshall Tyranny Rex pages that will make Greg M want to put a hit out on my worthless carcass!)  ;)

What have you got your grubby paws on, Link? I have the gunsharks on speed-dial. ;)

Link Prime

Quote from: Greg M. on 31 March, 2013, 09:03:31 PM
QuoteI put that pocket-burning cash to good use though...just secured a package deal with Dale for some very interesting pieces (including some very obscure Paul Marshall Tyranny Rex pages that will make Greg M want to put a hit out on my worthless carcass!)  ;)

What have you got your grubby paws on, Link? I have the gunsharks on speed-dial. ;)

A trio of super sweet illustrations that Marshall did for a Tyranny Rex text story in one of the old 2000AD yearbooks. I fell in love with them instantly.
Will post as soon as that tube of gold arrives...

Also; got the painted version of that "Finally kicked the habit" TR splash page (that you have up on CAF in pencil & ink form). A decent price reduction from Dale on that one, as it's slightly damaged by bleed-through from the 2000AD stamp on the back.