Main Menu

Judge Dredd: Trifecta (a Frank and to the Point Preview)

Started by Bat King, 12 August, 2013, 11:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bat King

Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

radiator

My copy just arrived - gorgeous looking book - presentation is superb and the cover is wicked, lots of extras like covers gallery, production artwork, cover roughs etc but sadly no 'The Family Man' (or the story that introduced the concept of the 'God City' ???), and no kind of attempt to contextualise it all or summarise who all the players are, so those who haven't read any previous Low Life or The Simping Detective are going to be scratching their heads a bit.

Dandontdare

How have they arranged the stories that were running concurrently? Have they put all the Simp stories and all the Low Life stories together in a single block before the 3-way mashup, or have they split them up episode by episode as we would've read them in the prog?

radiator

They are published in the order they appeared in the prog, ie all spliced together into one coherent narrative - which imo was the only logical way of ever doing it.

Bat King

It works nicely, I did think of mentioning the earlier stories in my Preview but thought anyone that doesn't know will feel they are missing something.

I agree, might be a hard slog for the uninitiated, but it'll pay off. You get enough info as you go as to who is who I think...
Blog

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Gavin_Leahy_Block

It looks fantastic and reads really well together. The extras are nice touch, especially the character sketches and page layouts. But, as Radiator the absence of Ewing's and Spurrier's previous Black-Ops stories, especially The Family Man, is  real shame.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Gavin_Leahy_Block on 15 August, 2013, 09:35:16 PM
It looks fantastic and reads really well together. The extras are nice touch, especially the character sketches and page layouts. But, as Radiator the absence of Ewing's and Spurrier's previous Black-Ops stories, especially The Family Man, is  real shame.

Or The Bean Counter, which introduced Maitland. It's only one flippn' episode, after all!
@jamesfeistdraws

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 15 August, 2013, 09:43:18 PM
Quote from: Gavin_Leahy_Block on 15 August, 2013, 09:35:16 PM

Or The Bean Counter, which introduced Maitland. It's only one flippn' episode, after all!

They should definitely put some of them together for a Megazine floppy.

Bat King

Those stories would have given a fuller picture true.
Blog

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Spikes

Still debating whether to buy this, but saw a copy of this in my local Waterstones today. It does indeed look lovely - and that cover is a very nice touch.
Alas, it was shrink wrapped, so couldnt take a peek inside.

Frank

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 15 August, 2013, 09:43:18 PM
The Bean Counter, which introduced Maitland. It's only one flippn' episode, after all!

But then they'd also have to include the time Maitland popped up in (and her boobs popped out of) Ewing and Currie's The Rich Cabaret (1791). No-one wants those sorts of things shoved in their face, but that story did set up Dredd's foreknowledge of how Big Barry Penge sorted out his home improvement loan.

sheldipez

Fungus

Quote from: gronk guy on 17 August, 2013, 11:54:26 AM
Yeah. Let's go with that.
Blame Dredd. If he smiled occasionally we'd all know which way his head fitted.