Main Menu

Frazer Irving - Klarion the witch boy

Started by Art, 07 February, 2005, 10:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art

Wow. This looks great. Either theres a  really cool colourist onthis or Fraze has subtly changed his digital painting tsyle, either way I like it.

Link: http://www.dccomics.com/media/excerpts/2872_x.pdf" target="_blank">http://www.dccomics.com/media/excerpts/2872_x.pdf

-Pulger-

Not sure on the etiquette of the board have been watching for a couple of days and trying to work out how things go, so just wanted to ask how does the newbie say that something looks really awful?
Written by Grant Morrison so will probably sell bucket loads no matter what it looks like.

By the way, hello.

longmanshort

Well, if past occasions are anything to go by a newbie's first post should have several qualities:

1) Be out of the blue about an issue no-one else has mentioned
2) Be offensive throughout, primarily to whatever artist or writer they have a bugbear about but then broadening that out to members of this board ("fascists") or Squaxx in general ("anal fanboy geeks")
3) Include a glaring error that easily leaves them open to piss-taking from aforementioned artist, writer, boarders et al
4) Either swear words or BE WRITTEN MOSTLY IN CAPS!
5) Contain massive image files without any explanation that annoy boarders who receive posts by e-mail.

When everyone else points out aforementioned mistake or has a go, the next post (if there is one) should contain one of the following:

1) Another round of swearing, calling us all *****, ******* and ******* **** ****** and saying we're all wrong and the merest fact that we're arguing means that we're wrong. Oh, and we're all gay.
2) A heartfelt admission and apology, along with an assertion that the original post was done "while drunk".
3) A post that makes no allusion whatsoever to the previous one, possibly hoping it will "go away".

And, once you've been through that, we may let you join in ...

;)
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Art

All opinions are accepted, even wrong ones ;-)

Max Kon

Personally I think Fraze's work looks better in black & white

Oddboy

Who are you employee 1000000? I'm sure you've just changed your name & icon to confuse us.

Hello Pulger.

I like the look of Frazer's art.
Better set your phaser to stun.

House of Usher

just wanted to ask how does the newbie say that something looks really awful?

Just like that.

Welcome to the message board.
STRIKE !!!

Lord Running Clam

I think the art looks great.Love the way its mosrly in shades of blue.
Welcome to the board,Pulger,How long you been reading 2000ad for.

-Pulger-

normally like frazers art but those preview pages just didnt work for me, but arts subjective so each to their own.

Been reading 2000 for more years than I care to admit and have a complete collection of progs and megs piled up in various places, well I think its complete and must sort them out at some point.

have seen the message board mentioned a few times in the prog so thought id take a look. had a couple of days at just reading old stuff and working out how things relate to 2000ad and decided to throw in my pennies worth.

Max Kon

therev

Bico

Jared Katooie

"Who are you employee 1000000? I'm sure you've just changed your name & icon to confuse us."

It's Art, but not as we knew him. He's changed his icon since he got a job in Starbucks (dont ask him for a coffee, he freaks out).

I thought the art was very good and there have definitely been subtle improvements in the colouring too. I just wish this fad for pages of blue or grey pages would end.

Oddboy

ahh.. and since you've blown his cover, he's returned to calling himself 'Art' again.

Hi Art! Thought you'd been missing a bit lately.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Dudley

working out how things relate to 2000ad

Um, the best answer is probably "occasionally".  As one dear-departed recently admonished us all for via the pages of Tharg's Ginormous Penis (well, what else does "Mighty Organ" mean?)

As for this Klarion stuff, me likey a lot.  Frazer only ever seems to get better.