Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade Falcon

Okay, I read Ten Seconders, not quite as good as I had hoped, but solid enough but I got the impression the story seemed a bit to use a technical term 'jumpy abouty'. :)

I probably will enjoy this again on a reread, I have not been feeling mentally too good for a while and my concentration hasn't been the best.  It took me an age to finish a relatively short Stuart McBride crime book, not because I didn't enjoy it, but I just can't seem to focus.

Red Seas volume 2.  The main story again seemed to jump a bit, I may have been better rereading book 1 to catch up a bit.  I love the two headed dog character (Erebus?).  The spin off stories with Isaac Newton and the Blitz were good.  Professor Toten honestly seemed like something from one of the newer Wolfenstein games (those who've played Old Blood, New Order or New Colossus will know what I mean).
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Rara Avis

Can anyone tell me what issue Kingdom 2 is? I don't appear to have received it and thought it would be out by now.

sintec

Quote from: Rara Avis on 24 January, 2021, 08:36:35 AM
Can anyone tell me what issue Kingdom 2 is? I don't appear to have received it and thought it would be out by now.

2nd book of Kingdom was issue 31 (volume 61).

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 23 January, 2021, 09:35:29 PM
Okay, I read Ten Seconders, not quite as good as I had hoped, but solid enough but I got the impression the story seemed a bit to use a technical term 'jumpy abouty'. :)

I found the 2nd book the worst for that, it seemed quite hard to follow at times. The lack of a consistent artist didn't help but it did also seem to jump around quite a bit. Book 3 got better as the narrative strands recombined for an ending but it didn't quite live up to the promise of the start. Still enjoyable but just short of top quality thrillpower.

Tomwe

New covers via hachette site. Lee Carter's name on the Indigo Prime but no Edmund Bagwell?

Qwertyburger

I'm guessing the collection will have Dead Eyes in it.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Qwertyburger on 26 January, 2021, 01:50:15 PM
Makes sense. Every strip up to Dead Eyes gives you 226 pages and leaves 243 for a second volume.
We never really die.

Tomwe

Quote from: I, Cosh on 26 January, 2021, 03:31:46 PM
Quote from: Qwertyburger on 26 January, 2021, 01:50:15 PM
Makes sense. Every strip up to Dead Eyes gives you 226 pages and leaves 243 for a second volume.

Ohh so that was the strip when IP came back, but isn't listed under IP on Barney. I understand now. I was *out* while that ran so wasn't aware.

Rara Avis

My sub messed up again - never got 85 & 86 in December. I'm almost wishing this will end this year and not continue indefintely because it's a nightmare trying to keep track of this. Although I am really looking forward to Bring and Fiends of the Eastern Front.

The Monarch

I was kinda hoping the fervent and lobe stuff was ignored ah well

credo

Quote from: The Monarch on 26 January, 2021, 08:50:29 PM

I'm super-pleased to see the Fervent and Lobe stuff in there! Love those characters. Will be great to see them in the Tyranny Rex volume too.

IndigoPrime

As a sanity check for those keeping stock, #87 (Red Seas #2, spine #88) and #88 (Brink #1, spine #107) showed up for me today.

Also:

Quote from: Smith on 28 February, 2017, 08:02:26 AM
That sounds interesting.
And I would love me some Red Seas.
You got it eventually! :D

IndigoPrime

Also found me mulling over the series and saying back in 2017 "I can't see, for example, an 80-volume set spending 10 or so on Nikolai Dante". Very glad to have been totally wrong about that!

James Stacey

I love this series, I love it got an extension. I do however feel I'm being ripped off having to pay for Greysuits again  :-X

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: credo on 27 January, 2021, 02:42:41 PM
Quote from: The Monarch on 26 January, 2021, 08:50:29 PM

I'm super-pleased to see the Fervent and Lobe stuff in there! Love those characters. Will be great to see them in the Tyranny Rex volume too.

Seconded! This looks fantastic.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

IndigoPrime

Quote from: James Stacey on 29 January, 2021, 01:57:02 PMI do however feel I'm being ripped off having to pay for Greysuits again
Mm. I wasn't a fan of it the first time round. I guess enough people like it though—or Matt does.