Main Menu

...NEW 'LIFE ON MARS' TONIGHT. 9pm BBC 1...

Started by ARRISARRIS, 13 February, 2007, 06:31:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lobo Baggins

...talking of those grey bars that stop spoilers unless you run your mouse over them, how do you do it again???...

Type 'spoiler' and '/spoiler' with pointy brackets instead of quote marks at the beginning and end of your message.
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

ARRISARRIS

ARRISARRIS

ARRISARRIS

ARRISARRIS

...doesnt seem to be working, you do mean these symbols < > instead of '  '  ???...

WoD

I think 54 has it you know...cool.

Lobo Baggins

I've warned my telly that if it ends up with the Wizard of Oz ending ('it was all a dream, but you were there - and you, and you too') it's going to get a seious kicking.  But I don't think it was listening.

I also thought that Gene Hunt might be an anagram, but the best I could come up with was 'hung teen' and 'he net gnu'.

Lobo Baggins

I also thought that Gene Hunt might be an anagram, but the best I could come up with was 'hung teen' and 'he net gnu'.

Oh, oh - but 'Sam Tyler' is an anagram of 'masterly'.  But that's probably a coincidence.  Just like the Timelash' = 'Lame Shit' one.

thinky

apparently (and i may be / probably am wrong here) but the "gene hunt" alluded to the fact that sam was seeking his father (hunt for genes)... yeah, i know it's hardly conclusive, but if there was only ever meant to be one series (culminating in sam meeting his dad) then it could have been a clue

btw, didn't see last nights and now have to perform the merry jig of videoing the final part, watching the previous part, and then kicking the video when it doesn't work

thinky
you think this isn't me? that's so sweet...
//http://www.adverseCamber.co.uk

Steve Green

Another theory I've seen is that Sam is from our future, on a mission in 2006 where the accident resulted him travelling further back, either in actuality or as a hallucination.

The Hyde 2162 refers to a year as well as a phone number...

- Steve

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJrameocE7k" target="_blank">LOM Ep8 trailer

Quirkafleeg

Massive spoiler on The Culture Show tonight, when they interviewed John Simm...

"Sam, to come home you must destroy Gene Hunt and his whole rotten department!"

Oh boy...

Queen Firey-Bou

i never saw much of series one, so back tracking just now watching the DVD, and its really making my brain explode, are there all these hints & clues or are they making it up as they go along ?

i wonder also if anyone outwith the age group who experienced the different world of the 70's get into it ? my kids arent that enthused, guess all the anacronisms (sp?) are lost on them.

Dudley

Polina loves it, and Cyprus in the 1970's was nothing like the UK in the same period (what with the coup, the revolution, the invasion and the refugee camps... though I guess they did have flares).

Noisybast

I don't really remember much of the 70's, only having caught the second half of it.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

The Adventurer

i wonder also if anyone outwith the age group who experienced the different world of the 70's get into it ? my kids arent that enthused, guess all the anacronisms (sp?) are lost on them.

As a 90s kid from the US, you'd think I'd be so far outside this shows demographic it wouldn't be funny. But I really really dig it, and this is coming from some one who also doesn't care for cop dramas as a rule.

There's just something about this show's spirit and it's angle in how it's attacking it's subject matter. I sure wish they weren't ending it, I personally think it could have taken a 3rd season, it feels like they're rushing into it's conclusion with only one episode to tie things off.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK