Main Menu

www.100bullets.co.uk

Started by Moose, 01 August, 2004, 06:31:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moose

thought i'd kick this into shape whilst i was working on the action and starlord sites....

Link: http://www.100bullets.co.uk/" target="_blank">a 100 bullets site wot i dun

http://www.sevenpennynightmare.co.uk/100bullets/images/characters/graves.jpg">

ESCUBRIA

Tweak72

had a brouse and very well done is a cool site i only dicovered this comic last year but wow ya know?
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

>Rorschach<

Hey nice site Moose..only recently come to this comic so I'm saving my wedge to buy the collected editions..I'd definately recommend this title

Moose

yep...it's the best thing around at the moment.

i have some issues to offload if anyone's interested....

early ones, mid range ones and fairly recent ones.

i bought the collected editions, then decided to get the original issues and ended up with a few doubles.

i'll list them when i get home from work.....

...in another 12 hours.

thrillpowerseeker

what an excellent site Moose..the last word on Bullets if you ask me..now anyone know of a good 'Losers' fan site?..

Moose

the last word on Bullets if you ask me

yaaay!! eat my goal 100 b.u.l.l.e.t.s.com

thanks TPS, praise indeed.

to quote eric idle as michelangelo buonarotti describing 'the last supper' to john cleese as the pope...

"it took hours"

Mr D

Never read any... IS it worth it?

Moose

oh fuck yes

it's the dogs danglies. i was sent the first issue as a freebie by the lovely chaps at gosh! comics. it was ok, but not all that. anyway, i was interested but never bothered picking it up as a monthly.

i latched on to it around the counterfifth detective story, which got me totally. then within a week i'd bought all the collected versions, and begun hunting down all the issues too. obsessive, but worthwhile.

it gets better and better, the dialogue is spot on, the characters are all fully rounded and have a story, and best of all, there's a total jeopardy to the whole thing. its a mystery wrapped up in an enigma etc... and not one character is guaranteed to survive. there's some major players in it that don't stay alive, and unlike most american heroes, stay dead.

the plot is convoluted, but was fully formed before the first issue hit the stands. a little more is revealed with each episode. plus there's some genuinly clever twists involving real people.

the episode featuring marilyn monroe, joe di maggio and jfk (although none are named) is my absolute fave.

if you ain't reading it...you should be!!

Mr D

Wheesh! I'll try and pick up something when I see it/can afford it. Any recommendations?

Moose

amazon carry all the trade versions, each one is between 5 and 7 quid and there are 7 of them.

i hate to say it, but start on the ground floor with first shot, last call, or you'll be horribly lost.

if you buy that one, you'll want the rest.

Moose

oh...on the subject of that long seeded script idea thing, there are three separate tales in first shot...

shot, water back has some interesting action going on in the background of the story which is all explained in book two: split second chance.

the seemingly throwaway 8 page story from the anthology vertigo: winter's edge 3 which rounds off the book, introduces some characters that will have repercussions all the way down the line in book seven: samurai.

you see what he did there? all the book titles are puns on their collected number, except hang up on the hang low, which i just don't get.

anyway, they are:

First Shot, Last Call
Split Second Chance
Hang Up on the Hang Low
A Foregone Tomorrow
The Counterfifth Detective
Six Feet Under the Gun
Samurai

and they are fucking excellent

ESCUBRIA

Hw can you beat a story about gangsters who've run and owned America since it's inception.

Satanist

Moose,
I started reading at about the same time as you and did the exact same thing.Got the GNs then started hunting the issues.

Thats a cracking site & helped clear up a few things Ive missed.Cheers.

...and to any doubters out there of whats been said above. 100 Bullets is the best thing going at the mo.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

JamieB

Moose - I'd been wondering the same thing, but apparently "Hang Up on the Hang Low" is a gambling (craps?) term for rolling a 3.

J-Bo-1