Main Menu

This is the News!

Started by Funt Solo, 28 March, 2022, 05:16:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Fair play.  I remember my Mam in the 80s pouring scorn on our Spectrum games, all of which she said were variations of the theme of 'little men running along shelves' (and in fairness, there were a lot of Jet Set Willy clones back then).

She's 80 in a few weeks and these days she's Candy-Crushing away with the best of them, along with many other phone games.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

My Mum's 80 as well but she thinks the internet is something to do with unisex underwear.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

Rogue Trooper gets criticized for its naming conventions: the guy in the bag is Bagman etc. It seems too unrealistic, they say.

But a man called "Bankman-Fried" just got 25 years for running a crypto-Ponzi scheme. The most famous case before that was Bernie Madoff (who made-off with other people's money). Lou Pearlman stole everyone's pearls. Gerald Payne got 27 years, which had to hurt. Don't even get me started on Charles Ponzi!
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Proudhuff

Quote from: Funt Solo on Today at 05:10:39 PMRogue Trooper gets criticized for its naming conventions: the guy in the bag is Bagman etc. It seems too unrealistic, they say.

But a man called "Bankman-Fried" just got 25 years for running a crypto-Ponzi scheme. The most famous case before that was Bernie Madoff (who made-off with other people's money). Lou Pearlman stole everyone's pearls. Gerald Payne got 27 years, which had to hurt. Don't even get me started on Charles Ponzi!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_9664000/9664697.stm
DDT did a job on me