Main Menu

Floyd Kermode

Started by Matt, 06 November, 2001, 10:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

Logan, you seem to have a lot of insider knowledge so you might know the answer to this one, but does Floyd Kermode exist? I can't believe that such a prolific letter writer doesn't use the message board. I'd love to see him go head to head against home grown talent Scojo. And can anyone remember the two letter writers that used to dominate the Meg several years ago? They were a bit of a double act.

MATT

Wake

Floyd is a registered user of the website and also returned a survey, so he does as far as I'm concerned.

There are nearly 700 registered users on the site, so only a small fraction post here.

W. R. Logan

>Logan, you seem to have a lot of insider knowledge so you might know the answer to this one, but does Floyd Kermode exist? I can[backslash]'t believe that such a prolific letter writer doesn[backslash]'t use the message board. I[backslash]'d love to see him go head to head against home grown talent Scojo. And can anyone remember the two letter writers that used to dominate the Meg several years ago? They were a bit of a double act.

Ad far as I'm aware Floyd Kermode exists, but not everyone has access to the net and even those who do don't frequent message boards and newsgroups.

The regular writers of yesteryear were Matt Nixon and El Sloano. El Sloano's name still appears in comics international as a regular reviewer and letter writter and don't know what happened to Matt Nixon.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/theclassof79" target="_blank">The Class Of '79

nathan

Floyd is real. He lives  in Japan. I have seen a photo of him on his website.

What makes you think anyone here is real just because they're on the message board, Matt? Ever met any of us? We could all be pseudonyms controlled by one individual with way too much time on his hands. Scojo, Logan, me... onE. anD. thE. samE!  And we have ensnared you!!!!!!!!

N

N

N

Matt

errr...right. Stop it now, you're scaring me!

Thread Zero

Floyd really is David Bishop who used to write letters to the meg and 2k under a false name.

This was just in case they had a week or month when no one sent them any letters!

Ah, I love these x file type 2000AD mysteries...

I mean Andy Diggle commissioned Helter Skelter.

Now that is beyond explanation!

scojo the cigar man

nathan

> errr...right. Stop it now, you're scaring me!

OK. If it will put your mind at rest here's a picture of me to show i'm nothing to be scared of.

N.
http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/rage/images/rich.jpg">

W. R. Logan

>scojo the cigar man

So thats what Clinton did with the cigar.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/theclassof79" target="_blank">The Class Of '79

2000AD Online

Dear Logan,
Believe!  I do exist and live in Saitama, Japan.  I'm a 39year old Aussie.  I don't usually use the message board because there are only so many hours in a day and I work six days a week.  And have a small child.

cheers.

Floyd Kermode