Main Menu

How do you know the value of something...

Started by WoD, 13 March, 2003, 09:54:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoD

I know that something is only worth what someone will pay for it, but can you recommend anywhere on the web where I could look up the rough price of some comics and related stuff.

I've loads of old DC and vertigo stuff that I might get rid of to make some room.  Full Sandman set and still-bagged 'Death of Superman', loads of batman stuff and various junk like that.  I'm hoping to have a crack at completing the old tooth collection, so need the extra space (and cash).

Any ideas?

DavidXBrunt

The Death of Superman, bagged or otherwise, is worth about 50p. If that. You see, when they announce it's a hot item that will increase in value as the years go on then everyone buys one and keeps it bagged and no-one profits.

Sandman, assuming they are in great condition, you might get ?30 for. Try putting them up on e-bay and seeing what you can get.

Wake

eBay is a good place for valuing stuff. Search the completed auctions to find out how much something actually sells for.

Wake

Mudcrab

This is the site where comics2film lives now http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/c2f.cgi">ComicBookResources

I saw an advert for a company that buys comics on it the other day. You might have to wait a bit for the banner to change, but if you rake about the site, it should appear. Not sure if it's in the States or here though. Here being the UK, that is.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Mudcrab

As Wake and DXB have said, Ebay's probably your best bet. All a copany like that would do is put it on eBay probably :o)
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

WoD

Cheers all.

Just checked out a few things on ebay.  Saw the death of superman (opened) for ?6.99 with a few bids on it.  Was surprised at that, as I thought it would have gone for pennies.

Wod.

Mudcrab

That's the beauty(?) of eBay. No matter how worthless something is in reality, you can be sure it'll go for a silly price!
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

DavidXBrunt

Yeah, 'Free Comics Day' comics have been going at $8 a piece when they are still being given away in most comic shops...

judda fett

In my experience somethings only worth whatever someone's willing to pay for it.

paulvonscott

E-bay is good for sellers, on the whole.  Buyers, well, it depends how badly you want something.  There are many options other than buying stuff on e-bay.  Basically the prices are e-bay prices, I wouldn't take them as definitive, or good value.

almighty mat

Chuck it all up on ebay WoD, and specify that the buyers pay postage-you won't lose a bean and you'll get something for all the rubbish that you'll never read again.

nb sold a bagged Death Of superman issue (that the boss gave me for some reason) unopened with armband etc. intact a couple of weeks back for 8 quid.

love those yanks.http://www.ventureclub-louisville.org/america.jpg">