Main Menu

Bristol Expo

Started by WoD, 01 March, 2007, 08:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LARF

"nope, but I now own a very nice wooden box full of ash."

Aw, sorry to hear about that YT-2 - what was it a dog, cat?

Did you not have insurance?

[YT-2]

>Did you not have insurance?

we rescued him when he was nine so no insurance company ould touch him. Any boarder who came to Moniaive would have seen him around.

Took him to the vets, didnt seem a great deal wrong just hadnt eaten much for a couple of days then discovered he had liver cancer. 50/50 whether an op would save him and the odds werent with us.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c212/rico2074/jack01.jpg>

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c212/rico2074/jack03.jpg>

+rufus+

Ah, Stewart, I'm so sorry. Love to you both...
Rufus

johnnystress

very sorry to hear that

my condolences

LARF

Poor thing. Probably for the best, it's always more heart rendering to watch them suffer through operations. My spaniel's been in a few times with cuts and scratches and it always gets to me when you watch her having to deal with stitches and feeling woosy from anaesthetic so I couldn't imagine what it would be like to see her getting over a major operation.

Best to you both and I hope you won't take offence at this bit of advice but I found getting another one a great help - i didn't want to at the time, but it was a great healer.

M

[YT-2]

>Best to you both and I hope you won't take offence at this bit of advice but I found getting another one a great help - i didn't want to at the time, but it was a great healer.

My mate emergrated to Aus last year and we took on his collie so the house isnt completely quiet.
Although the collection of small wooden boxes keeps growing.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c212/rico2074/molly.jpg">

LARF

Cute - ears up, tongue out and on a beach - who could ask for more.

(is that a chameleotter there hiding on the tree stump prentending to be a root?)

Here's Sally...http://www.eatsleepthink.com/sally/sally.jpg">

Queen Firey-Bou

sorry about that YT, yur doggie was a sweetie.

my lab of now 14 years, seems very hale & hearty, but we suspect altzeimers, as well as failing eyesight and hearing, oh joy, and yes i am dreading having to dig a hole that big, burying the cat this year was bad enough.

but NO more pets again. kids growing up, pets all scheduled to die around when the last of my sprogs leaves home, got it all sussed see.

johnnystress

ahh but then its time to get a puppy/kitten as a substitute for the fledglings that have....fled.

Bolt-01

Logan. condolences.

We've got a rescue Labrador who is approx 14 yrs old and has a very unsightly skin cancer growing under her tail. We were told that an op is not an option as in that place there is a massive likelihood that even f she woke up, she would likely never walk again.

We've opted for keeping he happy as long as we can, and so far so good. The vet fees are a bitch though.

Bolt-01.

TordelBack

My sincere condolences, Logan, always a tough one.  

Vet bills are simply astonishing.  Our youngest cat was hit by a joyriding car last year, and while I won't go into specifics the injuries were pretty bloody gruesome - bills came to â?¬2K, despite my better half being an animal welfare professional and a former veterinary nurse, and thus operating largely on 'mate's rates'.  Much as I love the little fecker, I would probably have called it quits except that the missus was pregnant and besotted, and seemed like way too much upset.    In this instance, the little bastard pulled through with no long-term effects, but the operations and looong recovery were pretty awful for all concerned.  Frankenstein's kitty wasn't in it.

Pets are a double edged sword to be sure.

Queen Firey-Bou

but its trixy, while one doesnt want the beasties to suffer, i know a vet would find a few hundred pounds worths of fees if i took my old dug along, and then there was the wee cat whos leg was paralysed after a pine martin bite for over 2 months, vet reckoned it was time to amputate, but i stagnated on such a drastic descision, and sure enough she recovered fully all 4 legs.

Buddy

When my cat died (vet said it was accidental poisioning, probably ate some rat poison) she didn't charge me for the care leading up to his death.

Sort of a 'no cure, no fee' kinda thing.

In reality I think see could see how upset I was and probably thought it was a bad idea to hand med a bill after telling me he had just died.

I have a dog now (Golden Retreaver) but it's just not the same.

TordelBack

In reality I think see could see how upset I was and probably thought it was a bad idea to hand med a bill after telling me he had just died.

You must introduce me to your vet, Ump!  We took our squashed cat to a 24hr emergency vet (it was about 2am), a clinic for which the missus' charity takes on aftercare and rehoming for its animals at no fee mind, and they charged us â?¬300 just to give the poor thing painkillers and a drip for the night until we could get it to a surgeon in the morning - no care or cleaning of its injuries whatsoever.  Better yet, they wouldn't let us take the cat away until we had paid up there and then.  Wasn't impressed.

Happily, the good woman's contacts did pay off, and the cat was passed from tutting surgeon to tutting surgeon around the wider Dublin region, until fetching up with a total gent who performed minor miracles. Cat remained in remarkably good spirits throughout, despite looking like an extra from Pet Cemetery, which along with the bun-in-th-oven-factor is probably why we kept going with it.  We've put plenty of cats and dogs to sleep over the years to spare them this kind of rigmarole, but this guy just kept on grinning and slutting up throughout.  Survival of the cutest in action.

House of Usher

Me! Novotel.

Thinky, we should get together for adrink this time to make up for just passing and waving on the railway platform steps last time.
STRIKE !!!