Main Menu

Thought Bubble - Leeds Comic Festival

Started by Wils, 11 October, 2007, 12:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wils

Any else planning on going to this next month? It's part of the Leeds International Film Festival and runs from the 9th to the 11th November with the comic fair itself being on the Saturday.

http://www.thoughtbubblefestival.com/contents.asp" target=_blank">Thought Bubble 2007

Buddy

Wils

Well at least it ensures that the Catweazle of Comics won't be showing up.

Byron Virgo

Molcher's helping out with the publicity for this, so it's bound to be a disaster of some kind...

;-P

Bart Oliver

Can't speak for any of the other boarders local to Leeds, but yeah, I'll be attending.
Obviously you're not a golfer.

Bart Oliver

++ Catweazle of Comics ++

Eh? lost me there.

thinky

blimey, something local!

i reckon i'll be coming along then

thinky
you think this isn't me? that's so sweet...
//http://www.adverseCamber.co.uk

Byron Virgo

"Eh? lost me there."

Catweazle of Comics = John Byrne (hates the word 'bubble', for some arcane reason known only to himself).

Bart Oliver

And there was me, labouring under the misapprehension all these years that it was: Caption Box - Speech Balloon - Thought Bubble.

Buddy

Oh Bart, such a disappointment!! I thought you'd know better.

Anyways, if I was in or near Leeds I'd go. In fact if I was just about anywhere in England, Scotland Wales I'd attend more of these events.

The Irish Sea may be only a handfull of miles across but it adds the price of an air fare to going to these things.

Must organise an event here in N.I., I understand the Derry event was a hoot but it clashed with visiting friends, so next year a deffo for that.

SamuelAWilkinson

Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

pauljholden

Dublin Con happening in November 17th & 18th - and I'll be doing a signing in Forbidden Planet in Belfast on the 17th of November - thereby ensuring the few comic events in Ireland are clashing! yay!

But if you ever want to organise something for NI - count me in. (Derry was a hoot and very different from most comic cons)

-pj

Peter Wolf

Why is it that there only seems to be boarders from scotland, Ireland , and england but no one from Wales ?  
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Richmond Clements

There are boarders from Wales- but they don't like to admit as such.

satchmo

Sounds good, I think I'll try and go to this. We were all set for the Lancaster con but it's been cancelled apparently.
I should have a new comic done by then, my first effort since my catastrophic eyeball malfunction!