Main Menu

God Bless Us, Every One!

Started by wrly_bird, 17 December, 2008, 02:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrly_bird

I've seen that advert for the tractor partworks so many times now I'm actually thinking of buying it!

Peter Wolf

I thoroughly enjoyed watching The Lion,The Witch and the Wardrobe.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Trout

Hmmm. I just realised a word vanished from my post earlier.

TPO is long-overdue and splendid.

Long and splendid is something else.  ;)

- Trout

I, Cosh

Quote from: "King Trout"Hmmm. I just realised a word vanished from my post earlier.

TPO is long-overdue and splendid.

Long and splendid is something else.  ;)

- Trout
2000AD's history?
We never really die.

TordelBack

{Deep sigh} Back in 'work' this morning, hence the flurry of displacement-postin. Ah well, it was a blast of a few days, and at least it's blissfuly quiet in here.

QuoteI thoroughly enjoyed watching The Lion,The Witch and the Wardrobe.

Yep, having not thought much of it in the cinema, I thought this worked surprisingly well on TV.  Qui-Gon Lion was pretty magnificent, and the White Swinton was excellent. Santa also worked a lot better in the the context of a Christmassy living room.  The little chap was quite mesmerised by Aslan, so an impromptu game  of indoor football had to be arranged during the crucifixion scene.   I'm still unsure of the mix of overblown LoTR-style battles (obviously cut from my copy of the novel) and Sunday School (sadly left intact), and I still want to gag Susan and give Peter a swift kick to the nethers, but the younger Pevenseys are great, and the Beavers and Mr. Tumnus are wonderfully done.

QuoteI've seen that advert for the tractor partworks so many times now I'm actually thinking of buying it!

If I didn't know how expensive those bloody things get, I might well succumb myself.  Not for nothing is it said: Massey is classy, but Zetor is bettor.

Pete Wells

QuoteI thoroughly enjoyed watching The Lion,The Witch and the Wardrobe.

I thought Prince Caspian was a very, very good film. There's a bit where Peter is fighting to the death and it's incredibly well done, it's a bit gruesome for young 'uns but well worth checking out for us older kids!